So to get this straight the 1800mah Mugen fits into the regular stock battery cover?
    If so then this would be cool as long as it does not get hot or blow up.

I use the OTTER case for my bold, so therefore extended batteries is very very very limited to none.
    So if this mugen 1800mah truely fits stock door and is ok within the OTTER casing. I would definately buy one
    for myself.

1800mah is about 3-4 hours more battery power over the stock 1550mah battery and I talk and browse a lot.
    I find myself charging or topping the battery up at least 2 times from morning till night from
    My abusive need to talk..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 06:12 PM
    Yes, the 1800mah fits the regular battery cover. I got mine on Monday (fast shipping-ordered it on Thursday!). I've been doing the requisite 'conditioning' draining then charging for the past 2 days. So far, I'm not impressed: but I will reserve judgement until tomorrow which I will count as day one proper, having completed 3 full cycles.
    06-11-09 11:03 AM
    Yes, the 1800mah fits the regular battery cover. I got mine on Monday (fast shipping-ordered it on Thursday!). I've been doing the requisite 'conditioning' draining then charging for the past 2 days. So far, I'm not impressed: but I will reserve judgement until tomorrow which I will count as day one proper, having completed 3 full cycles.
    Thanks great been looking desperately for some reviews on this battery.
    06-11-09 11:32 AM
    Does anyone know if the mugen cover fits on the seidio battery? I have the 3600 seidio and hate the back door.

06-11-09 12:24 PM
    Well, sad to report that my experience so far with the Mugen 1800mah battery has not been good. Today its had the longest life since I've had it, and after 9 hours its at 35%. With the exact same use, at this time my stock battery is at 58%.
    However, since the battery life has steadily lengthened with each day, I'm not giving up just yet. I'll report back after another day or two.
    06-12-09 03:16 PM
    Well, sad to report that my experience so far with the Mugen 1800mah battery has not been good. Today its had the longest life since I've had it, and after 9 hours its at 35%. With the exact same use, at this time my stock battery is at 58%.
    However, since the battery life has steadily lengthened with each day, I'm not giving up just yet. I'll report back after another day or two.
    Please do, your reports are more than welcomed,even hourly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed at this point for that 1800 mah battery as it still fits in the same battery door as the stock.
    06-12-09 05:30 PM
    I passed up the muegen battery and got the 2500mah phoniex battery..can't complain , so far good..I like the feel and weight , also it doesn't interfere witht the camera...for 36 dollar incl shipping not bad.. Will post pics once I get my camera back...

06-12-09 06:03 PM
    I passed up the muegen battery and got the 2500mah phoniex battery..can't complain , so far good..I like the feel and weight , also it doesn't interfere witht the camera...for 36 dollar incl shipping not bad.. Will post pics once I get my camera back...

this is it if i'm not mistaken https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IaLLm5F8 from the looks of it no bueno. The whole interest of the 1800 is that it still fits in the stock battery door while giving more battery life. That thing is uuugglly lol. Might as well go the seidio route or the mugen 3600 mah route for that look.
    Last edited by championart; 06-15-09 at 01:12 AM.
    06-14-09 01:58 PM
    LMAO, you do not want one of these if you're concerned about the appearance. Trust me. My Mugens Extended(BA) 3600 Battery is not going to win "any" prizes in that category.

06-14-09 02:11 PM
    hey this is my first time on crack berry and i have a bold, it's my third bb and i just want some oppinions on what would be good to download to the phone and what to be leary of. i have the opera web browser and that's really all i've done so far. so please direct me where to ask
    06-14-09 02:18 PM
    this is it if i'm not mistaken https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IaLLm5F8 from the looks of it no bueno. The whole interest of the 1800 is that it still fits in the stock battery door while giving more battery life. That this uuugglly lol. Might as well go the seidio route or the mugen 3600 mah route for that look.
    That is one beefy battery, ugh! And not at all worth it for such a relatively small bump- like you said, better go for the 3600.

Well, an update on my battery: today I've been using wifi all day and its been 12 hours and I'm at 67%. My battery life is always better on wifi, but this seems more than the stock battery, so I'll check tomorrow when back in the office with no wifi and pretty crappy coverage.

My usage is an average of 3 hours a day with SocialScope, Beejive always connected, Facebook 1.6, Viigo, and some web browsing. About 10 emails, 20 or so texts and a sprinkling of BBM. A decent amount of web browsing, and a half hour of listening to music via bluetooth earphones. I'm running OS.266.

I'll keep you posted tomorrow.
    06-14-09 06:49 PM
    That is one beefy battery, ugh! And not at all worth it for such a relatively small bump- like you said, better go for the 3600.

Well, an update on my battery: today I've been using wifi all day and its been 12 hours and I'm at 67%. My battery life is always better on wifi, but this seems more than the stock battery, so I'll check tomorrow when back in the office with no wifi and pretty crappy coverage.

My usage is an average of 3 hours a day with SocialScope, Beejive always connected, Facebook 1.6, Viigo, and some web browsing. About 10 emails, 20 or so texts and a sprinkling of BBM. A decent amount of web browsing, and a half hour of listening to music via bluetooth earphones. I'm running OS.266.

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. Aside from .247, .266 has always had very good battery life on my BOLD.

06-14-09 07:24 PM
    hmmm...im looking into getting a replacement battery soon also so all of this will def come in handy
    06-14-09 07:32 PM
    thanks btw
    06-14-09 07:33 PM

sounds like as the days go on your battery life is actually increasing.
    06-15-09 01:15 AM
    I would like to know also...
    06-15-09 02:32 AM
    meh, ill stick with the sedio 1650 mAh battery, it works fine for me...
    06-15-09 02:40 AM
    this is it if i'm not mistaken https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IaLLm5F8 from the looks of it no bueno. The whole interest of the 1800 is that it still fits in the stock battery door while giving more battery life. That thing is uuugglly lol. Might as well go the seidio route or the mugen 3600 mah route for that look.
    I understand it doesn't fit the oem back cover but am not worried about that, I've been looking @ other forums and no good comments on the 1800mah from muegen, also it
    Fits perfect in the oem leather pouch that came with the bold..

06-15-09 08:26 AM
    I understand it doesn't fit the oem back cover but am not worried about that, I've been looking @ other forums and no good comments on the 1800mah from muegen, also it

But does it fit in the charging pod with the extended battery?
    06-15-09 09:06 AM
    I've got two of them. And had them for a couple of weeks now. I have noticed a little bump in longevity. I think it would take some time for you to get the battery to full capacity.

06-15-09 12:00 PM
    I've got two of them. And had them for a couple of weeks now. I have noticed a little bump in longevity. I think it would take some time for you to get the battery to full capacity.

You said you have two of them are you talking about two 1800 mah batteries? thanks
    06-15-09 12:08 PM

Not knocking it as long as it fits your needs. Can you give me a link to the other 1800 mah reviews for the bold as i have been googling and searching to find something but can't. Thanks i'd really appreciate it.
    06-15-09 12:10 PM
    sounds like as the days go on your battery life is actually increasing.
    Yes! It looks like it needs a bit more than the 3-5 drain cycles they recommend.

You are correct.

Well, here we are at the 9 hour mark today and my battery is at 60%, which is a significant bump from last time (off-wifi) when it was at 35% at this time. As justajason said, it may take a while longer for me to see its full capacity. But, so far, I'm happy and I don't feel like I threw money away on it. Hopefully, in a few more days I can even get to the point where I feel like it was a complete steal!

More in a few days.
    06-15-09 03:06 PM
    Yeah, it actually took longer for my 3600 as well. But, it is nice to have the extra battery power when you need and want it

06-15-09 03:12 PM
    Lulu thanks for keeping us updated. I have the mugen website tabbed right now an am so close to purchasing this battery. I will wait for more of your feedback though. Thanks again!
    06-16-09 09:37 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD