I've had my 16GB card close to full since shortly after I bought my Bold. Every time I either do a reboot/BP or disconnect the Bold from a USB connection to the computer, the card is scanned by the Bold, which usually took about 5 minutes.

Until .282, that is. It has been taking close to a freakin' half an hour for the Bold to scan the card ever since I upgraded to .282. Since the Bold gets sluggish when it is scanning the card, this can be a major pain.

Anyone else with a full/close-to-full 16GB card on .282 have this problem?
    08-11-09 09:49 AM
    I have this problem with my 8gb card and I hate it. I can't imagine 16gb. Batt time for me is nice tho. I'm just praying for a new OS release.

.266 was good for me with the media card. I went back for a while. But batt like sucked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 09:56 AM
    Taking more time to scan media cards is about the only pitfall of .282 os! If you want a faster scan but are willing to give up 3G&2G switch capability, downgrade to .266 or .247

08-11-09 09:57 AM
    Yup, takes a lot longer. Luckily it doesn't bother me too much.
    08-11-09 10:00 AM
    Taking more time to scan media cards is about the only pitfall of .282 os! If you want a faster scan but are willing to give up 3G&2G switch capability, downgrade to .266 or .247

That's a major pitfall, having to endure 30 minutes of a horribly sluggish Bold every time you do a BP or disconnect from the computer. I've been waiting for a new official or even beta OS to come out so I could avoid going backwards with a downgrade. Although I could easily give up the 2G/3G switchability.
    08-11-09 10:06 AM

I totally agree.
    My 8 gig takes a long time but I love the 3g/2g option of 282
    No OS I've used is perfect so you have to choose which flaws you're willing to deal with.

08-11-09 10:15 AM
    I totally agree.
    My 8 gig takes a long time but I love the 3g/2g option of 282
    No OS I've used is perfect so you have to choose which flaws you're willing to deal with.

I guess it depends how often you do a restart/battery pull or connect to the computer. When I don't want to do these things because of the card scan time, it's a problem.
    08-11-09 12:09 PM
    I have the same issue with .282 on my 16GB card. I have learned to deal with it because of the better app memory and 2G switch option.
    08-11-09 12:19 PM
    My 8gb card takes a long time to scan also I actually have less stuff on it now and it takes much longer. I decided to disable the memory cleaning which does help a little bit and dont have to wait as long for the reboot and scan.
    08-11-09 01:03 PM
    I've never had these problems on my 8gb Sandisk card. I'm not sure if it's the card or the fact that I'm running the "official" AT&T OS. Hmmmm....

08-11-09 01:30 PM
    I had hideous problems after installing a 16gb card a few weeks back - slow, laggy, would stop with errors after a few minutes of video playing. I was on .216 though, so went to .282 and everything went peachy. How long since you went to .282? Sometimes I wonder if Blackberry OS is the same as every other OS out there, benefitting from regular reinstals... i also stripped out all the junky apps I don't really use, now on original theme with just a few key apps. The card is bulging with mp3s and mp4s and if i do a battery pull the device restarts within 3 mins (was over 5 mins before) and scans the card within 3 mins after that (was up to 10 mins before). If it goes bad again, I'll wipe and reinstall .282 - I;d rather do that every month than have a sad, laggy bold!
    08-14-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD