Hi guys,
    I've had my Bold for 2 weeks now. One of the things I like best about my BB is the fact that I can be online through MSN messenger 24/7.

But I was having a conversation with a friend over MSN just now and I noticed some of her messages weren't delivered. She on the other hand never received the standard 'your message could not be delivered' notification on her desktop. (I checked later, and it turned out I missed about 3 replies)

This freaked me out because from now on I'll always be wondering if maybe I missed something. The idea alone horrifies me!

Does anyone have an idea as to what might cause this issue?
    06-22-09 01:40 PM
    this has been a common problem with msn for the bb. the problem is when there is a new version released RIM doesn't provide a changelog so we don't know what has been fixed (if anything)
    06-22-09 07:32 PM
    ok, well, sounds like i'm going to have to live with it...
    06-23-09 05:49 AM
    ok, well, sounds like i'm going to have to live with it...
    You can delete the existing version and install the latest one from the www.mobile.blackberry.com

See whether the latest version has fixed the problem ..
    06-23-09 07:02 AM
    This has been a problem for me regularly. In the middle of a conversation messages just stop arriving yet the contact is still on-line.

Sometimes they come through on my laptop when I next log in and sometimes I never get them.

Tried deleting the application and it's service books and starting again but it's never really been 100% reliable.

I'm afraid it seems just a side effect of msn mobile on the BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 07:37 AM
    You can delete the existing version and install the latest one ...

See whether the latest version has fixed the problem ..
    I installed my current version a week ago, doesn't really change much.

Could it be some messages get 'lost' during a short period of bad reception or something? You'd expect these messages to stay pending until you're back online, like with regular desktop MSN, but maybe it doesn't work that way for the mobile version...
    06-23-09 08:24 AM
    I installed my current version a week ago, doesn't really change much.

Could it be some messages get 'lost' during a short period of bad reception or something? You'd expect these messages to stay pending until you're back online, like with regular desktop MSN, but maybe it doesn't work that way for the mobile version...
    That sounds like a valid explanation except it's happened to me when I'm on a stable wi-fi connection so reception issues shouldn't be a problem.

I think the messages stay on the msn server as sometimes they come through to me hours later when I log on in my laptop but they just stop coming through to my BB.

I did at once stage have the problem of messages coming through to the BB as just a four digit number and not the contact they were from at all. That was even more annoying as you couldn't reply as the four digit number showed as off-line and had no way of knowing who it actually was chatting.
    06-23-09 07:33 PM
    I really hope they fix this soon. MSN for Blackberry is useless because you never know how many messages you are missing and may never receive.

Is there an alternate free IM program that uses your
    MSN contact list? Most of my friends don't have BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 09:08 PM
    not a free program but cheap IM programs like beejive or IM+ are reliable
    06-23-09 09:28 PM
    not a free program but cheap IM programs like beejive or IM+ are reliable
    You call $39.99 for IM+ cheap?
    06-25-09 10:21 AM
    I've had a similar problem on my desktop running MSN through Trillian. Just seems to be one of those things with MSN Messenger service.
    06-25-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD