I've tried to find this without much help. I saved/added many contacts into my bb and wasn't paying attention when I was adding them. Now, many of them are in the wrong contact list - personal on my work list, and work in my personal. I'm on a BES so I try to keep my work contacts as separate as possible.

I can't seem to find a way to edit which contact list they are stored under. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks
    07-02-11 08:24 AM
    I've tried to find this without much help. I saved/added many contacts into my bb and wasn't paying attention when I was adding them. Now, many of them are in the wrong contact list - personal on my work list, and work in my personal. I'm on a BES so I try to keep my work contacts as separate as possible.

I can't seem to find a way to edit which contact list they are stored under. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks
    I don't believe there is a way to move a contact to another list once its been saved. The only time I see the option to choose a list is when first adding a new contact, so as far as I know, you will have to create new entries for each of the contacts you want moved and select the list before saving.

But if I am wrong, someone please feel free to correct me
    07-02-11 08:42 AM
    Yes, you can make existing contacts members of different or even multiple lists. Edit the contact and scroll to "Categories.". But if you're on BES it's a lot easier to do it in Outook or whatever you email client happens to be - the changed will be pushed birectionally.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-02-11 09:08 AM
    Yes, you can make existing contacts members of different or even multiple lists. Edit the contact and scroll to "Categories.". But if you're on BES it's a lot easier to do it in Outook or whatever you email client happens to be - the changed will be pushed birectionally.

Hmm I didn't even think that this could have been in regards to "Categories" and assumed it was in regards to the email "Contacts Lists" in which the contact is associated with.

If that is the case, disregard my previous response LOL
    07-02-11 09:21 AM
    I intended it to be referring to the email Contact Lists. Am I correct that the Categories listed under each Contact do the same thing?
    07-02-11 09:26 AM
    I intended it to be referring to the email Contact Lists. Am I correct that the Categories listed under each Contact do the same thing?
    It helps to keep contacts organized as I use them quite frequently, but they do not change the email address list that the contact is associated with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 09:30 AM
    My bad - thought the OP meant categories. No, categories don't do the same thing as Contact List. I agree with the first response: I don't know of a way to transfer them once created. There may be a way to back up the database and restore to a different contact list but I haven't tried that.

07-02-11 10:37 AM
    i have a similar problem, ive deactivate an email address and now iw ant to move them to different email catergory
    03-22-13 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD