Does a Bold bought today come with the most current O/S? If not, it is worthwhile to upgrade right away? What is the most current on At&t?
    07-13-09 02:52 PM
    I bought my Bold a week ago, software version was .217 which is the most current available from the AT&T website, but you can install the .282 at the top of this forum, I did without a hitch.
    07-13-09 02:57 PM
    Does a Bold bought today come with the most current O/S? If not, it is worthwhile to upgrade right away? What is the most current on At&t?
    Unless you have experience doing this, I would wait a couple of weeks.
    07-13-09 02:59 PM
    I wanna upgrade my O/S too... Does it require a genuis to do it ?
    I would love to roll up my sleeves and pop the hood..
    07-13-09 03:11 PM
    I wanna upgrade my O/S too... Does it require a genuis to do it ?
    I would love to roll up my sleeves and pop the hood..
    It's not hard, however sometimes things do not go correctly and you should be able to handle any issues. If you are not familiar with the OS, this may be difficult, although not impossible.
    07-13-09 03:15 PM
    When I got my Bold, I followed the steps on Crackberry and I upgraded the OS from .167 to .247. It went smooth and easy, so when I decided to upgrade from .247 to .282, I thought I knew just what to do. Well, it didn't go so smooth and easy as I thought, so had to ask a few questions here again..and viola!, I had forgot to delete the .247 OS. Once I deleted the OS, .282 installed perfectly. Although photos load slower with the new OS, everything else is much faster and my battery now lasts over a day with constant use. I'm happy with it.
    07-13-09 03:34 PM
    I purchased my Bold last week from ebay. It is unlocked & brand new. It is loaded with .247, which is great. Newer version is .282, but it has got some mixed reviews! But .247 is safer and as I'm usung it, it is OKAY.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 03:50 PM
    It's not hard, however sometimes things do not go correctly and you should be able to handle any issues. If you are not familiar with the OS, this may be difficult, although not impossible.
    Agreed. Give yourself some time to familiarize yourself with the OS and wait until you're comfortable. Then go for it. Plus, we're always here to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD