Wow bro, that is a lot. I can't wait to get one! Hopefully it's not that much longer.

Its very nice, yes. The browser to me seemed quicker on the 9850 tho. Weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 01:51 AM
    QQ just peekin in to see how this legal snafu is panning out (post mod stick threat)
    500 bucks at Verizon! I paid 600 and change for a droid t-bolt with a case. So 500 isnt the most expensive at all
    08-14-11 01:54 AM
    thats just too much for a phone. bb or not lol
    08-14-11 02:00 AM
    thats just too much for a phone. bb or not lol
    9900 bold for Telus is $629 off contract.......
    08-14-11 02:05 AM
    9900 bold for Telus is $629 off contract.......
    idk bro thats just alot of money to me. maybe cause im around them all day? lol
    08-14-11 02:13 AM
    I *sold* my 16gb iPhone 4 on eBay yesterday. Guy was happy to part with $649.00. You guys have it easy.
    08-14-11 02:13 AM
    i really don't think this is a very competitive price for blackberries. they used to be the smartphone everyone wanted to have, but now i really think that RIM has suffered from the hands of Apple and Google. i had three blackberries in the past, but it seems like their devices just started to age really quickly and couldn't keep up with the competition. i honestly did not like battery pulls and how my phones would start slowing down. the lack of features put me off. there isn't a blackberry device that supports any form of 4G, and i know this may not be a big deal to some people, but lack of front facing camera for video chatting (not to mention possibly adding that functionality through BBM) is really a killer for me. i LOVE the long battery life, and i miss that the most since jumping ship to android. keyboard is top notch and is the reason i miss my blackberries the most, but lack of support from app developers is really a downer. i realize the original intention of the blackberry was a device to provide email support for businesses, but in this day and age, everyone wants a smartphone that could do everything. and honestly, when people think of a device that does everything, not many think of the name blackberry anymore. when RIM develops a device thats lightyears ahead of anything that's on the market today (like a brand spanking new OS, more features, NEW features), then MAYBE i'll jump back to the blackberry bandwagon.
    08-14-11 04:03 AM
    QQ just peekin in to see how this legal snafu is panning out (post mod stick threat)
    500 bucks at Verizon! I paid 600 and change for a droid t-bolt with a case. So 500 isnt the most expensive at all
    they did a breakdown of the t-bolt and its parts and found out that they barely make profit for each t-bolt sold. it's mainly because of the 4g chip that they have to install. the t-bolt is a different device in that the radios aren't on a single chip; there's one for 4g and another for 3g/1x.

as for the blackberry, let's see how it's parts cost and see if it really is worth paying that much.
    08-14-11 04:06 AM
    I have not seen any info on the Torch in our system. But when I do, I will leave it up to others to leak it. I won't do those things...
    Last edited by bbthemelab; 08-14-11 at 06:13 AM.
    08-14-11 06:07 AM
    yes. Authorized retailers. Not corporate stores, they normally have strict pricing, while authorized retailers have leeway on the profit they want to make.
    Is this the same as a verizon Premium Retailer??
    08-14-11 06:43 AM
    Is this the same as a verizon Premium Retailer??
    Yes pretty much. They are privately owned BUT authorized by Verizon to sell the phones. A Premium Retailer means a privately owned store that JUST sells Verizon. There are OTHER authorized retailers, Bestbuy for example, Premiums are a subset it just means the privately owned stores and the ones that JUST sell Verizon.
    08-14-11 07:08 AM
    Is the price worthy for this Bold 9930? The picture showing its still a 3G phone has me sitting on the fence. I want one very bad but way to much of cost for last year 3G.
    Last edited by DaNomadicOne; 08-14-11 at 07:32 AM.
    08-14-11 07:20 AM
    hard to believe people are actually complaining about the price. i guess maybe you are all new to the forum and bb world.

this phone cost about the same as the 4g droid phones vzn carries. i paid exactly $249 for the droid charge.

maybe people think that because all the bb's on vzn are cheap (because they have been out for a while) think the new ones should be too. if you want the 9930 cheaper, just wait a year. the price will drop.

eventually, it may even be be $.01.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 08-14-11 at 08:14 AM.
    08-14-11 08:09 AM
    i really don't think this is a very competitive price for blackberries. they used to be the smartphone everyone wanted to have, but now i really think that RIM has suffered from the hands of Apple and Google. i had three blackberries in the past, but it seems like their devices just started to age really quickly and couldn't keep up with the competition. i honestly did not like battery pulls and how my phones would start slowing down. the lack of features put me off. there isn't a blackberry device that supports any form of 4G, and i know this may not be a big deal to some people, but lack of front facing camera for video chatting (not to mention possibly adding that functionality through BBM) is really a killer for me. i LOVE the long battery life, and i miss that the most since jumping ship to android. keyboard is top notch and is the reason i miss my blackberries the most, but lack of support from app developers is really a downer. i realize the original intention of the blackberry was a device to provide email support for businesses, but in this day and age, everyone wants a smartphone that could do everything. and honestly, when people think of a device that does everything, not many think of the name blackberry anymore. when RIM develops a device thats lightyears ahead of anything that's on the market today (like a brand spanking new OS, more features, NEW features), then MAYBE i'll jump back to the blackberry bandwagon.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm just really disappointed in the lack of technology in BlackBerrys now-a-days. When I write emails on my 9650 I get the waiting icon. Its ridiculous.
    08-14-11 08:20 AM
    Yo I need a Verizon 9930 right now, lol. Only a few more days of waiting time!
    At least we can now confirm that the 9930 is 3G!
    What is that second phone?
    08-14-11 08:23 AM
    hard to believe people are actually complaining about the price. i guess maybe you are all new to the forum and bb world.

this phone cost about the same as the 4g droid phones vzn carries. i paid exactly $249 for the droid charge.

maybe people think that because all the bb's on vzn are cheap (because they have been out for a while) think the new ones should be too. if you want the 9930 cheaper, just wait a year. the price will drop.

eventually, it may even be be $.01.
    Yea but this phone does not have 4g in it and its hardware is already outdated compared to competitors. The $249 price tag is not warranted. This is the only non 4g phone verizon is selling for more than $199. Do you really expect these to sell to people who are not loyal to the BlackBerry brand?
    Premium1 and eth555 like this.
    08-14-11 08:23 AM
    Yea but this phone does not have 4g in it and its hardware is already outdated compared to competitors. The $249 price tag is not warranted. This is the only non 4g phone verizon is selling for more than $199. Do you really expect these to sell to people who are not loyal to the BlackBerry brand?
    Also looking at what they are selling it for full price, it doesnt make sense. They will drop it down to reasonable prices over the next weeks, just want to grab some extra cash from the bb faithful.
    08-14-11 09:15 AM
    Wow that new 9850 looks really nice.. are any of these worthy replacements of the Apple iPhone 4?

oh you mean these?

08-14-11 09:24 AM
    The 2nd phone is a BB 9850 Torch (Storm3?????) it is coming 9/1 rumor has it.
    08-14-11 09:34 AM
    The 2nd phone is a BB 9850 Torch (Storm3?????) it is coming 9/1 rumor has it.
    It is not the Storm 3.. it is the Torch. There is still no release about this and nothing in our systems. I do know we have a "few" BlackBerry's coming this year. My GUESS - Bold, Torch, PlayBook, Curve - in that order.
    08-14-11 09:45 AM
    so it looks like the 9850 will have physical buttons after all. shame - would have made things interesting if the 9850 / 9860 had been released with minor differences.
    08-14-11 09:55 AM
    so it looks like the 9850 will have physical buttons after all. shame - would have made things interesting if the 9850 / 9860 had been released with minor differences.
    aggreed. i wish it had the same buttons as the storm2
    08-14-11 09:59 AM
    What bothers me is that the only thing wrong with the Storm 2 was the specs. The Storm 2 with the 9900 specs would have been a beast.
    )
    :8)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 10:06 AM
    yes. because it blows the other non 3g phones away. it's hardware is NOT outdated....for physical keyboard phones, it's the most advanced keyboard on the market. it's also bb's new flagship device.

you don't want to pay for it....don't. it will be cheaper down the road. i will jumping on it like white on rice. $250 is a great price.
    08-14-11 10:38 AM
    yes. because it blows the other non 3g phones away. it's hardware is NOT outdated....for physical keyboard phones, it's the most advanced keyboard on the market. it's also bb's new flagship device.

you don't want to pay for it....don't. it will be cheaper down the road. i will jumping on it like white on rice. $250 is a great price.
    HAHAHA... Yeah it blows other blackberrys away. But not all other 4g and 3g phones. It's hardware isn't outdated, but it's software is. BB OS 6 (oops OS 7) still isn't on par with iOS and Android. Agreed. best keyboard on the market.

"you don't want to pay for it....don't."

This is why i love fanboys. Fine we won't pay for it. And than what happens to RIM? Its easier said than done. Im pretty sure RIM's pitch won't be "hey if you guys don't like it go buy an Iphone". I own a verizon store and deal with customers all the time. If i told them hey look at this great new blackberry its $250, they would laugh. the iphone is $200. 4g Droids are $200+. Even when the droid charge came out at $300 it was a hard sell. But hey if the 9930 was $400 on contract you probably would have said it was worth it.

and your right it will be cheaper down the road. Verizon Blackberries are worth nothing. You'll be able to get one without contract for $200-$300 within a month or two.
    08-14-11 10:49 AM
138 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD