It's bigger than "mine is bigger than yours" believe me when I make this statement.

The world of corporate espionage is very real and very different from what one would expect. It is far from glamorous, lacking both gunfights and fast women, but it is a concern to companies. Knowing a competitors next product line, bid price or any other sensitive data can give a rival company a competitive advantage – provided they don't get caught. The temptation is strong, so corporate espionage will continue - whether we hear about it or not.
    08-13-11 08:55 PM
    Really? So you know my profession...Interesting. And you are confident I can't shut this site down either, right?

So when you run this past your general counsel on Monday, let me know what he/she says.
    Many things have been leaked on many different websites for the release of cell phones. I have yet to see any of those sites be shutdown over said leaks. Heck, even Gizmodo is still in operation after that whole leaking of the Iphone4. If Apple and their army of darkness (lawyers) didn't shut down gizmodo over that then VZW isn't about to shut down crackberry over this.

I'm sure if you keep making threats, the moderators will see that you get an extended vacation from the forums.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-13-11 08:58 PM
    Many things have been leaked on many different websites for the release of cell phones. I have yet to see any of those sites be shutdown over said leaks. Heck, even Gizmodo is still in operation after that whole leaking of the Iphone4. If Apple and their army of darkness (lawyers) didn't shut down gizmodo over that then VZW isn't about to shut down crackberry over this.

I'm sure if you keep making threats, the moderators will see that you get an extended vacation from the forums.
    Well, I can assure you that your threats won't worry me in the least. The moderator needs to be more worried about his members than they worry about them.

And just to respond to your lack if insight on this matter, you have no idea on what legal matters have been entertained with these sites to be honest. My comment about shutting a site down wasn't meant to be specific to this topic. There's IP, such as copyright infringement matters that can shut a site down.

You need to be less cavalier in your mindset.
    08-13-11 09:04 PM
    It's bigger than "mine is bigger than yours" believe me when I make this statement.

The world of corporate espionage is very real and very different from what one would expect. It is far from glamorous, lacking both gunfights and fast women, but it is a concern to companies. Knowing a competitors next product line, bid price or any other sensitive data can give a rival company a competitive advantage � provided they don't get caught. The temptation is strong, so corporate espionage will continue - whether we hear about it or not.
    Have you heard of plagiarism? What a Tool.
    08-13-11 09:06 PM
    Calm down everyone. No one here can say if for sure if anything we read about that is "leaked" isn't done so intentionally. Helps stir the pot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Maine likes this.
    08-13-11 09:06 PM
    Have you heard of plagiarism? What a Tool.
    Do these help ""?...And your point?
    08-13-11 09:07 PM
    So a few things.

Bold9930 is 100% right. I work for VZW myself, for a direct location and showing Info Manager alone will get Chennylou fired easily.

However, things do get leaked all the time and VZW will NOT go after such a "small fish". The best they will do is ask CrackBerry to remove the information. In that case, if CB does not, then they will file suit against them and ask for Chennylou's information if any.

So, Bold9930, stop acting like your are the CEO of Verizon Wireless, your not. You are probably just another p-on that works long *** hours and makes a lot less commission than I do.

Now, Chennylou, if I was you, I would STOP posting screen shots of the back-end of VZW - it's not a good idea.
    08-13-11 09:28 PM
    So a few things.

Bold9930 is 100% right. I work for VZW myself, for a direct location and showing Info Manager alone will get Chennylou fired easily.

However, things do get leaked all the time and VZW will NOT go after such a "small fish". The best they will do is ask CrackBerry to remove the information. In that case, if CB does not, then they will file suit against them and ask for Chennylou's information if any.

So, Bold9930, stop acting like your are the CEO of Verizon Wireless, your not. You are probably just another p-on that works long *** hours and makes a lot less commission than I do.

Now, Chennylou, if I was you, I would STOP posting screen shots of the back-end of VZW - it's not a good idea.

Last edited by Bold9930; 08-14-11 at 08:54 AM.
    08-13-11 09:47 PM
    Hey Chennylou - before you run and hide from the vaguely ominous doom that Bold9930 is going to call down upon you and everyone else who isn't taking him seriously, could you post a price point and a release date for the 9850? Please Chenny?

08-13-11 09:54 PM
    Well I guess you just rained on the parade of others here by validating a few things. How surprising.

But to answer your question. I work with the General Counsel for the biggest companies in the world, make more than you ever could (sorry, you enticed me to add that), and frankly, merely come here to find out when my new "secure" 9930 will be available. Basically, I've been bored this past week.

When I next chat with Verizon's chief legal officer, I'll let him know that you are working long hours.
    Lol.
    10 char
    08-13-11 09:57 PM
    Well I guess you just rained on the parade of others here by validating a few things. How surprising.

But to answer your question. I work with the General Counsel for the biggest companies in the world, make more than you ever could (sorry, you enticed me to add that), and frankly, merely come here to find out when my new "secure" 9930 will be available. Basically, I've been bored this past week.

When I next chat with Verizon's chief legal officer, I'll let him know that you are working long hours.
    It just keeps getting better! Total sideshow to a great thread, but funny as ****.
    08-13-11 10:03 PM
    ...When I next chat with Verizon's chief legal officer...
    08-13-11 10:07 PM
    I'm *sure* this guy drives some of those people to/from the airport. Leave him alone. Back away quietly.
    [email protected] likes this.
    08-13-11 10:09 PM
    And the slow spiral out of control begins.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 10:09 PM
    The off contract price seems very good, no? Wish the damn thing worked here in Australia. (it roams to gsm right?)
    08-13-11 10:11 PM
    Well if the OP is in trouble, the forum owner is in deep doo-doo. Did Bold9930 see this on the front page?

Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 pricing leaked! | CrackBerry.com

And now wil someone please pass the popcorn?
    08-13-11 10:16 PM

The world of corporate espionage is very real and very different from what one would expect. It is far from glamorous, lacking both gunfights and fast women, but it is a concern to companies. Knowing a competitors next product line, bid price or any other sensitive data can give a rival company a competitive advantage � provided they don't get caught. The temptation is strong, so corporate espionage will continue - whether we hear about it or not.
    "Identity theft is a serious crime Jim. Millions of people are affected by it every day........Michael!"
    anon(2682413) and brown3636 like this.
    08-13-11 10:34 PM
    oh you mean these?

08-13-11 10:37 PM
    Man **** all this back n fourth all I know is im getting this bold!!
    08-13-11 10:37 PM
    oh you mean these?

Yo I need a Verizon 9930 right now, lol. Only a few more days of waiting time!
    At least we can now confirm that the 9930 is 3G!
    08-13-11 10:39 PM
    On 2nd thought @bold9930

mgdotnet and vrs626 like this.
    08-13-11 10:41 PM
    cant give out release dates but very soon!
    08-13-11 10:41 PM
    cant give out release dates but very soon!
    Aww, lol.
    How about this; will it be in stores before August 25th?
    08-13-11 10:45 PM
    Wow those pictures make me so happy.
    08-13-11 10:45 PM
    i wish i could say. but enjoy the pics. my intentions were to clear up any misunderstandings there may have been about the phones. the more positive, truthfull attention the better!
    08-13-11 10:53 PM
138 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD