Love my new 9650 except that it has more creaks than my wife's Armada, which is to say, a lot.

The earpiece part creaks when I press against my ear with even the slightest pressure.

The battery door creaks right above the release button when I'm typing. It's my right ring finger that sits on that spot and provides the resistance when typing on the lowest rows of keys.

The Q, A and ALT keys make a funny, snapping-type noise when releasing the key when I'm typing really fast.

Update - now the Menu and Back keys have some play in them before clicking. Creaking noises there too. This thing needs replaced I think.

Phone is working great. Little more lag than I would have expected. But overall glad I upgraded from the tour.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 06-12-10 at 08:13 AM.
    06-10-10 06:35 PM
    Hmmm. Thats very odd. I know some older devices had a similar issue, but I have not read, nor experienced this on my 9650. My device is actually very quiet until I start cranking on that keyboard, then naturally it gets a little louder :P
    06-10-10 06:36 PM
    My Tour earpiece did that, which led to a static sound, which led to me upgrading to the Bold. Fortunately my Bold doesn't do it. Watch the earpiece, because mine got really annoying. If yours gets any worse, swap it within the 30 days for a new one.
    06-10-10 06:56 PM
    That was one of the first thing I noticed, was the lack of creaking. Since its the same form factor as my Tour, I kind of expected it to be creaky as well, but mine is absolutely solid. It feels like the upper level device it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 03:48 AM
    I'm probably going to get a replacement. It's so annoying. OCD I guess.
    06-11-10 11:52 AM
    Exchanged today in-store. New one feels perfect, trackpad straight as can be.
    06-14-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD