Picked up my bold the 12th of august and up until last week the phone was FLAWLESS. not a single complaint that i could think of even if i wanted to. Now, all of a sudden, out of nowhere last week, i get 2-3 dropped calls a day, i get all kinds of distortion, and my signal has just dropped to nothing in places I used to get full bars.

I have done nothing different, i have not changed firmware, no damage to phone, i do proper charge cycles, just no explanation whatsoever. I don't know if it is ROGERS all of a sudden or if my Bold is starting to crack. I was so happy with my phone. To be honest i have never been as happy or excited to own a gadget like the 9900 going back the 10-11 years that I have had phones, computers, or any gadget. It is honestly the one piece of technology that i have loved the most in all these years and now.... I am just getting frustrated.

I will be calling Rogers this week to get a replacement for it that will hopefully solve any problems. I am just hoping that these problems do not stop happening to everyone / every device i exchange
    09-09-11 08:40 AM
    It will be a ROGERS issue probably, sounds like the symptoms of a bad BTS.

If its happening on 2g or 3g then swap to the other in the same place, if its an issue with the BTS then its unlikely to effect both 2g and 3g calls.

When you get the dropped call, do you get three beeps, known as triple tones? and maybe the screen says 'call failed'? Deffo the network, not the phone.

Steve
    bigbamboo and euro2low like this.
    09-09-11 08:56 AM
    It will be a ROGERS issue probably, sounds like the symptoms of a bad BTS.

If its happening on 2g or 3g then swap to the other in the same place, if its an issue with the BTS then its unlikely to effect both 2g and 3g calls.

When you get the dropped call, do you get three beeps, known as triple tones? and maybe the screen says 'call failed'? Deffo the network, not the phone.

Steve
    Answers like this are what makes Crackberry rock - someone has a problem and someone else takes time out of their day to help them solve it. That is all.
    09-09-11 08:58 AM
    Answers like this are what makes Crackberry rock - someone has a problem and someone else takes time out of their day to help them solve it. That is all.
    agreed! wish more people were like that
    09-09-11 09:01 AM
    its Rogers, not a phone issue. You already validates that it works
    09-09-11 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD