Boooom thats sweeet dude i wanna do mine!!! :d
    westiewanderer likes this.
    11-24-12 06:56 AM
    I don't get it xD There's a white version available already xD but if you meant changing the housing , then good job I used to have digitizer problems when changing it , did you manage to pass it ? if so , then HOW ?! xD
    jack57 likes this.
    11-24-12 07:10 AM
    I don't get it xD There's a white version available already xD
    They don't offer the 9930 in white, only the 9900...
    11-24-12 07:37 AM
    They don't offer the 9930 in white, only the 9900...
    Oh! Thanks for the info
    11-24-12 08:04 AM
    I don't get it xD There's a white version available already xD but if you meant changing the housing , then good job I used to have digitizer problems when changing it , did you manage to pass it ? if so , then HOW ?! xD
    after watching a bunch of Horror videos of people trying to change their digitizer and breaking their lcd screen...I just bought a whole new LCD unit pre-assembled! That way it feels and acts just like the original!
    11-24-12 09:34 AM
    Can I see the order details and a close up of the front of your bezel because I found a bezel than I could order from hong Kong but it shows me the headphone jack is indeed white they circled it in the picture but I ordered one earlier this year and it had the white earphone jack but the front rubber going around the screen through part that separates the bezel from the lcd was still a tacky black color I just gave up at that point.
    If you look closely at my pics...there is indeed a very thin black layer running around the outside edge of the bezel where it meets the lcd screen....its so small tho that I dont even notice it.
    11-24-12 09:38 AM
    btw , can I have that wallpaper ? and that font used for clock :3 ty
    11-24-12 09:45 AM
    Can I see the order details and a close up of the front of your bezel because I found a bezel than I could order from hong Kong but it shows me the headphone jack is indeed white they circled it in the picture but I ordered one earlier this year and it had the white earphone jack but the front rubber going around the screen through part that separates the bezel from the lcd was still a tacky black color I just gave up at that point.
    Your Canadian Blackberry Parts Store, Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Tour HTC Samsung LG Motorola - Blackberry Parts Store Canada - (Powered by CubeCart) Here is a parts store in Canada...I got a full housing from here, and a full housing from Amazon.com as well. Hope that helps...I dont think there is anything you can do about that tiny bit of black around the LCD...its so small its not really even noticable...maybe your part was different.
    11-24-12 09:50 AM
    Sure! Here is the Theme I was using...https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...h=true&lang=en

And here is the Wallpaper... Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-modern-warfare-stunning-hd-your-553651.jpg
    11-24-12 10:01 AM
    Ill post a couple of real screen shots if you want...so you can see the wallpaper and theme together really well...and you can see the icons...they are pretty cool
    11-24-12 10:02 AM

WHITE is the new BLACK! (I hope)
    11-24-12 10:06 AM
    A few more shots...
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-2012112495091312.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-2012112495091349.jpg
    Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics)-2012112495091408.jpg
    11-24-12 10:35 AM
    My 9900 is really scratched (the glass, not the screen, is a bit broken. The grey parts betwen keyboard or all around the phone started to be black etc...) and I always wanted to do that. But with my two right hands (i'm lefty...) i'll broke it more if I try something...
    11-28-12 03:34 AM
    Great job! Can I pay you to do the same to mine???!!
    11-28-12 01:10 PM
    im so afraid to do this to my 9930!!
    11-28-12 01:56 PM
    Your Canadian Blackberry Parts Store, Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Tour HTC Samsung LG Motorola - Blackberry Parts Store Canada - (Powered by CubeCart) Here is a parts store in Canada...I got a full housing from here, and a full housing from Amazon.com as well. Hope that helps...I dont think there is anything you can do about that tiny bit of black around the LCD...its so small its not really even noticable...maybe your part was different.
    So what actually is the difference between what you did and what the OP did to his 9930? I'm *this* close to attempting this on my own!!
    11-29-12 06:26 AM
    So what actually is the difference between what you did and what the OP did to his 9930? I'm *this* close to attempting this on my own!!
    There is no difference and I am the OP lol. I took my bold apart like 5 times to check the lcd version and put it back together....then I finally got my white stuff in the mail....and I ripped the keyboard ribbon in my excitement LOL. So my two recommendations are to buy the full pre-assembled lcd unit....and also a full assembled keyboard unit. The housing kits usually come with a new white KEYBOARD...but thats just the cover. I tried that first...and the keys didnt feel right...there were dead spots where you didnt get any action out of the key (the keys just need to be seated right) but its a tricky thing to do. When I ripped my KB ribbon...and I went looking for a new keyboard unit..you can find the keyboard WITH TRACKPAD AND RIBBON....thats very important...it means its assembled already and it will feel like your normal awesome 99xx KB.
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    11-29-12 08:24 AM
    im so afraid to do this to my 9930!!
    I know! Ive taken phones apart in the past...and It can get messy!! LOL I took one of the original motorola KRZR's apart to make it all green...holy cow!! NIGHTMARE! lol This phone Isnt bad at all in comparison!
    11-29-12 08:27 AM
    There is no difference and I am the OP lol. I took my bold apart like 5 times to check the lcd version and put it back together....then I finally got my white stuff in the mail....and I ripped the keyboard ribbon in my excitement LOL. So my two recommendations are to buy the full pre-assembled lcd unit....and also a full assembled keyboard unit. The housing kits usually come with a new white KEYBOARD...but thats just the cover. I tried that first...and the keys didnt feel right...there were dead spots where you didnt get any action out of the key (the keys just need to be seated right) but its a tricky thing to do. When I ripped my KB ribbon...and I went looking for a new keyboard unit..you can find the keyboard WITH TRACKPAD AND RIBBON....thats very important...it means its assembled already and it will feel like your normal awesome 99xx KB.
    Gotchya! And sorry for the mix-up. Thanks so much!
    11-29-12 09:32 AM
    Ok, slightly off topic, if I wanted to replace my keyboard and screen on my black bold (keeping it black) I would need:
    Original Blackberry 9900 9930 Keyboard Keypad Trackpad Membrane PBC Flex Cable - Blackberry Parts Store Canada - (Powered by CubeCart)
    BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 9930 LCD Screen + Touch Digitizer 001/111 OEM NEW - Blackberry Parts Store Canada - (Powered by CubeCart)

This will be the "safest" way to do it, I just have to double check my screen version, right?
    11-29-12 01:08 PM
    Ok, slightly off topic, if I wanted to replace my keyboard and screen on my black bold (keeping it black) I would need:
    Original Blackberry 9900 9930 Keyboard Keypad Trackpad Membrane PBC Flex Cable - Blackberry Parts Store Canada - (Powered by CubeCart)
    BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 9930 LCD Screen + Touch Digitizer 001/111 OEM NEW - Blackberry Parts Store Canada - (Powered by CubeCart)

This will be the "safest" way to do it, I just have to double check my screen version, right?
    The parts look good!! keyboard is all good and preassembled...as long as you have the right digitizer youre good!! *Grins*
    11-30-12 07:41 AM
    If my blackberry9900 lcd is 002 and I have a white 001 from a previous bold I ordered it for. The thing is if I use the 002 screen on the replacement device that came with 001 will the screen work if they're different
    12-05-12 01:24 AM
    If you look closely at my pics...there is indeed a very thin black layer running around the outside edge of the bezel where it meets the lcd screen....its so small tho that I dont even notice it.
    My out of box white 9900 also has that thin black layer once you light up the screen. Hadn't noticed it, till I read your post. So there seems no problem with your modded 9930. It's a perfect job.
    12-05-12 06:06 AM
    If my blackberry9900 lcd is 002 and I have a white 001 from a previous bold I ordered it for. The thing is if I use the 002 screen on the replacement device that came with 001 will the screen work if they're different
    hey bud! Thanks for the question...the screen will NOT work! The motherboard will not recognize the different lcd...I read a lot of forums and blurps on this....you must have the same lcd as the number that comes out of your working bold! Hope that helps!
    12-05-12 08:16 AM
    My out of box white 9900 also has that thin black layer once you light up the screen. Hadn't noticed it, till I read your post. So there seems no problem with your modded 9930. It's a perfect job.
    Thanks for that lil bit of info ritesh!! That is good to know!!
    12-05-12 08:17 AM
117 1234 ...