Just wondering if there are any modders out there that can replace this stupid fixed focus camera to an autofocus lens on the 9900.

I see that there are people modding their BB to a non cam version. Although i think it would be harder to replace it to an autofocus camera, but I assume its possible...

Anybody?

- Charles
    12-10-11 09:10 PM
    RIM sells non-camera versions of all their BBs.
    12-10-11 09:44 PM
    RIM has non-camera versions for those who work in high level security type jobs.

edit: Link to a 9930 without camera

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=VIGR2gx_
    12-10-11 10:00 PM
    Well I mean, anyone can get a non-camera version. But if you're working a high clearance level job like a top secret project for a aerospace company, they don't want you taking pictures of things and leaking them. Just an example but just think about it. When would an employer want to restrict someone from taking photos of something.
    12-10-11 10:07 PM
    Yes I do know that RIM sells phone with Non Camera and there are some people who mod a camera phone to a non camera phone.

But what I am asking is IF there are anyone who mod the 9900 from a Fixed focus camera to an auto focus camera.

- Charles
    12-10-11 11:31 PM
    Yes I do know that RIM sells phone with Non Camera and there are some people who mod a camera phone to a non camera phone.

But what I am asking is IF there are anyone who mod the 9900 from a Fixed focus camera to an auto focus camera.

- Charles
    if you can write ur own driver, install it and find a way to install and fit the camera into the 9900 sure.
    12-11-11 12:53 AM
    I think the non-camera versions are for governments or customers that are in high security situations where they are not allowed to have a cmaera on there for phone but I think it would be very cool if someone did mod the 99xx to a AF camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-11 03:16 AM
    The EDoF camera is excellent except for close-up shots and those can be improved through software. The best use of your time would be to read some of threads about how to take a decent macro shot and practice until you can find a way to make it work for your needs. Or get a different phone cuz the Frankenstein creation you're imagining is very doubtful and would probably end up trading in some other issue or shortcoming for the macro one it might resolve.
    12-11-11 06:56 PM

- Charles
    No...even if you did the software isn't written for an AF camera.
    12-11-11 08:24 PM
    Frankenstein
    All hail Frankenberry! Which is funny, because I know a dude with that last name. Anyhow, I don't see any way this is possible without completely re-engineering the internals.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 12-11-11 at 09:08 PM.
    12-11-11 09:05 PM
    thanks guys...

- Charles
    12-12-11 02:43 AM
    jjooooijoo
    11-24-13 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD