i managed to get the phone working with os6 now, not had any freezing or rebooting when i turn on mobile networks, ive tried manual search but it times out
    in manage connections the mobile network is ticked which then says searching for network .....

any ideas or anything i might of missed
    09-06-11 02:57 PM
    Dumb question. Is the SIM card inserted in the phone?
    09-06-11 03:23 PM
    Checked and double checked tried two chips
    09-06-11 03:36 PM
    How did you manage your phone working, I had the same exact problem (bb keep resetting when I turn mobile network/scan mobile network) ? any light would be appreciated
    09-06-11 05:14 PM
    Is the sim card active? Are you using the same sim as the carrier of the phone?
    09-06-11 08:38 PM
    When you go into options, device, advanced, sim card, and type mepd... does anything show up?
    09-06-11 09:39 PM
    Either bad sim, carrier malfunction/bad towers, or you've done something like dry it out cause of water damage or changed a housing and it didn't go to well for reassembly. Bring it to your carrier and have them check on it. If you shrunk the OS, or manually removed COD's, you may have removed something required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 01:39 AM
    How did you manage your phone working, I had the same exact problem (bb keep resetting when I turn mobile network/scan mobile network) ? any light would be appreciated
    hi i just installed latest bb suite for my pc and dowmloaded o2 from rim and reinstalled that way, from all the info here http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/

Is the sim card active? Are you using the same sim as the carrier of the phone?
    the phone was an insurance replacement from a friend and there was no stickers or carrier stickers anywhere, she was using orange chip which im yet to try but i checked and the phone looks like its been unlocked

When you go into options, device, advanced, sim card, and type mepd... does anything show up?
    in that section are as follows
    id: then long number
    personalization:
    sim disabled
    network disabled
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate disabled
    phone number
    unknown number
    09-07-11 03:54 AM
    hi i just installed latest bb suite for my pc and dowmloaded o2 from rim and reinstalled that way, from all the info here http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/

the phone was an insurance replacement from a friend and there was no stickers or carrier stickers anywhere, she was using orange chip which im yet to try but i checked and the phone looks like its been unlocked

in that section are as follows
    id: then long number
    personalization:
    sim disabled
    network disabled
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate disabled
    phone number
    unknown number
    Looks like you've got no provisioning at all, it's not even activated. You'll need to get that done before it will even work. Hmm... I thought you had an 8530i, now a 9700? (Based on your thread in the general discussion area)

09-07-11 04:02 AM
    Looks like you've got no provisioning at all, it's not even activated. You'll need to get that done before it will even work. Hmm... I thought you had an 8530i, now a 9700? (Based on your thread in the general discussion area)

Hi there, thanks for replying but no it's the 9700 for sure, not been on this site for a while but how do I activate it if I click on enable any any of them it's asking for a code
    09-07-11 04:46 AM
    she was using orange chip which im yet to try but i checked and the phone looks like its been unlocked
    It looks like it has been unlocked? How do you know? Is it unlocked for sure? Who is the phone branded through? Who is your SIM with?
    09-07-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD