Has anyone had any success getting Mobile ETrade Pro to work on the new OS? I saw a 'fix' for OS 4.5x, but I'm having problems getting the app to work on 4.6. I got the BB-Bold for trading stocks, and am so frustrated that I can't get Mobile ETrade Pro to work!
    09-29-08 07:25 PM
    Sorry I don't use ETrade so it wouldn't do much good to test but what OS are you using?
    09-29-08 07:50 PM
    Give it some time, I think the developers are trying to catch up a bit with the new OS... given today's economic situation in the US, I don't know why you'd want an app that does anything but sell :P
    09-30-08 01:13 AM
    If you go to etrade (dot) com/mobile, you can download version 1.1.3. It supposedly works on the Bold.
    09-30-08 12:44 PM
    Yes, it works on the BOLD - I have it installed on mine.. But not all features are working... Only portfolios, trade, watchlist...
    10-01-08 11:23 AM
    I cant get it to download on mine? The download link just redirects to a message that says sorry your device is not yet supported
    10-05-08 06:52 AM
    Yea, i just got my bold from ATT today and i first thing i tried was the etrade dot com / mobile link and when i downloaded it, it said that my device wasnt supported.

if anyone has a fix for this, please reply, as the whole purpose of me gettin the bold was for etrade mobile.
    11-03-08 08:53 PM
    I haven't purchased yet, but I have the same question.
    11-04-08 01:09 PM
    I tried it more than 10 times + changing the java settings. Its doesnt yet work on the bold. i can definitely confirm that. i am off to the store to return mine today. ill buy it back when its ready for the bold. maybe the prices will be cheaper by then...who knows how long etrade will take to make that change.
    11-04-08 03:00 PM
    I found a direct link to download the etrade mobile pro app. In several other forums and posts, its stated that should work on the bold but not perfectly. Some features are missing. Good luck. If you are succeed with the installation, please post your results.

https: //mobile.etrade.com/mobilepro/4_2/ETradeMobilePro.jad
    11-05-08 01:40 AM
    Thanks TunedFish.... worked for me on the Bold using the link provided....

-aacurve
    11-05-08 12:19 PM
    don't know what I did, but today I downloaded the application again. This time it actually works!!

11-07-08 07:56 PM
    Also worked for my pearl
    11-07-08 09:19 PM
    what version of etrade did you guys download? Is it still 1.1.3?
    11-08-08 12:58 AM
    Thanks a lot to TunedFish, I just got ETrade Mobile Pro working on my Storm. I had to use the provided link, because the direct download turns down unsupported phones.

Clearly, the app isn't designed for the touchscreen. It's hard to make selections and the standard phone keypad stays up all the time and takes up half the screen. That makes logging in time consuming, but at least it does work, even the streaming real-time quotes. Looking forward to an update, but happy for now.

-Otto.
    11-24-08 01:49 PM
    I'm running v1.1.3. It's working great for me. I even bought a few shares of RIM on it...
    11-24-08 02:51 PM
    Hit Skip Intro and you'll see E*Trade is advertising the Bold for use with Mobile Pro and offering it for $99.99 through Wirefly. So I assume Mobile Pro works for the Bold.

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/mobile_pro
    11-26-08 09:04 PM
    It worked on my storm too, but like Otto said...everything works, but clearly NOT made for this model. Looking forward to an update as well.

Rob
    03-15-09 10:07 AM
    I've been using e*trade mobile since I've had the Bold (December) and it works perfectly fine for me (even after OS updates)!
    03-15-09 10:13 AM
    I've been using e*trade mobile since I've had the Bold (December) and it works perfectly fine for me (even after OS updates)!
    Your profiles says you're from Toronto, how did you get this to work?
    I tried a couples to install and it always gives me an error.
    I read somewhere after that it was only for the US.
    03-15-09 11:26 AM
    I've had the e*trade account before I moved back to Toronto. US account. From what I understand, E*Trade Canada is now Scotia iTrade (as of this month). Scotia Bank acquired E*Trade Canada back in September 2008, but just recently rebranded. So I doubt that you will be able to use E*trade mobile. Maybe Scotia iTrade might come out with a mobile version soon!
    03-15-09 11:42 AM
    Etrade mobile pro is working on 4.7 ( Tour). Down load etrade mobile pro as normal from etrade.com/mobile. Then download app QuickPull from BlackBerry App Wolrd. First time you run the Etrade mobile pro, it will not load and it will just stay there saying Loading .NOw press alt and round arrow key next to rolling wheel. Go to home screen and somehow get to QuickPull and restart the BB. ( make sure Etrade is still loading. ) After restart is complete open the Etrade Pro Mobile app.
    Now it will load. I really want to thank you for the post where it said pull the battery out. Instead of pulling the battey out i used the QuickPull app. and it worked.Thank you bunch.
    07-18-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD