I was watching the news this morning and saw a story about hackers coming after mobile phone banking info. I due a fair amount of banking on my cell, any programs out there to help keep it secure or am I OK because it is a blackberry?
    06-02-09 09:15 AM
    I certainly would not do it over a wifi connection. And I may be overly paranoid, but I won't personally do it over my phone anyway.
    06-02-09 09:21 AM
    I agree with bt.
    06-02-09 09:26 AM
    I agree with bt.
    What about over the cellular connection?
    06-02-09 09:49 AM
    If it's over your own Wifi it's just as safe as via your provider. Public Wifi would obviously be a big security issue.

I honestly wouldn't use my phone for any online banking if you're worried about security, although as far as that goes Blackberries are about as secure as you're going to get via mobile device.
    06-02-09 10:47 AM
    If it's over your own Wifi it's just as safe as via your provider. Public Wifi would obviously be a big security issue.

I honestly wouldn't use my phone for any online banking if you're worried about security, although as far as that goes Blackberries are about as secure as you're going to get via mobile device.
    I would not do it over a public WiFi, Just wondering about being out of town and using it for mobile banking via cellular.
    06-02-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD