Can anybody tell me if the MMS protocol works using the new full HTML web browser on the BlackBerry Bold 9000, also can you go to MMS websites using the media player on the Bold? Another thing, can you flash video from the desktop YouTube version or other video websites via the new full HTML web brower, thanks in advance for your help............!
    08-27-08 11:40 AM
    I don't understand what you mean. And no blackberry does Flash video. Youtube is the only exception since they will convert their videos for BB.
    08-27-08 11:47 AM
    If I wanted to go to this website mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WVKL, would I be able to go to this website via the Blackberry Bold web brower or media player........?
    08-27-08 11:59 AM
    Can somebody please test the above MMS link out to see if it works on the Bold's browser or media player, thanks.........!
    08-27-08 01:22 PM
    Oooh ok now I understand you are talking about an internet streaming protocol and not picture messaging... There is no way to do what you want.
    08-27-08 01:55 PM
    Oooh ok now I understand you are talking about an internet streaming protocol and not picture messaging... There is no way to do what you want.
    You mean the BlackBerry Bold cannot stream via MMS:// streaming protocol, oh no. Did you do a test..........?
    08-27-08 02:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure the only supported streaming protocol for a BlackBerry is RTSP. Furthermore, MMS:// is a Microsoft proprietary protocol. This is something that would not be supported.

Microsoft Media Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-27-08 02:40 PM
    Thanks a million for your help.....!
    08-27-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD