I'm having trouble sending MMS messages on AT&T. I do have a data plan.

My friend tried to send me an MMS--photo taken from 8330, high/full quality. It didn't come through. After 10 minutes, the friend sent another and it immediately came through. 4 hours later, I received the first (or second) MMS.

So I tried. I sent one of the example pictures and it immediately went through. Today I tried to send an MMS from picture taken on phone and no luck 3 hours later. I tried to send again, no luck. I tried to send the same example image that went through perfectly last night and it has not gone through an hour later.

What's going on?
    11-05-08 10:46 AM
    there is a limit on the size of picture you can send through the ATT network...thats the first thing...secondly its probably the network....resend your service books and see if that fixes your problem..and if all else fails do a battery pull ...lol
    11-05-08 10:49 AM
    I didn't have a problem sending or receiving very large MMS (full size and quality photos) when I CC: myself.

Turns out Verizon allows only very small MMS from outside networks and gives them very low priority (meaning they take forever).
    11-05-08 12:12 PM
    a friend of mine (Verizon, I believe) sent me a photo taken with his cell phone and all i received was an SMS message from Tmobile indicating i should login to my account on-line to view it. The album within my account had no pictures. another friend who also has Tmobile reported the same problem.
    11-13-08 12:56 PM
    I'm on AT&T and had a friend send a vido file from T-Mobile. I got the message, but never the file. It said:

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal."

Any ideas on how I can get this?

Edit: sorry, I found this thread on a search and didnt realize it was the worng forum. I have a Curve 8310, still any advice would be great. Thx.
    Last edited by schooner; 12-09-08 at 01:14 PM.
    12-09-08 01:11 PM
    I'm on AT&T and had a friend send a vido file from T-Mobile. I got the message, but never the file. It said:

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal."

Any ideas on how I can get this?
    Have them e-mail it. These are carrier issues rather than phone issues. Gmail actually used to do that with regular desktop mail. I could send someone 2 messages. The one with an attachment would get there much later.
    12-09-08 01:15 PM
    Not an exact solution, but for video you can use something like Qik to automatically stream recorded videos to the web.
    12-09-08 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD