Hello Everyone:

First-time poster here. Got a new Blackberry Bold and love it. However, I've checked all the "Help", including the online Blackberry User's Manual on how to check the amount of memory and storage card space available. They all tell me to select the "Options" icon, but I don't have an "Options" icon.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, since I removed a 2g micro card and inserted a 4g micro card, but my computer says there's only 2g there. I can't check it on my phone since I don't have an "Options" icon.

Thanks, and best regards,

Mel
    08-23-09 12:38 PM
    Check if it's inside the "setup" folder. You're probably running the default
    AT&T theme.
    08-23-09 12:43 PM
    Check if it's inside the "setup" folder. You're probably running the default
    AT&T theme.
    Thanks, forever29. Actually, I found in one of the advanced menus that this option was turned off, so turning it on took care of the problem. It now shows up.

And, I also found out that the 2g was actually the phone's memory and not the mico card. I took the 4g micro card out and reinstalled it and both the phone and my computer found it this time. Guess it wasn't seated properly the first time I put it in.

I do have one additional question. Isn't there anything like the Microsoft File Manager to delete a large number of files in a folder in bulk instead of one at a time? I copied a large number of music files to what I had thought was the micro card, and it turned out they were actually copied to the phone's memory, since the micro card wasn't actually showing up. Now I've copied the music to my micro card for real this time, so I have all the songs duplicated (once in memory and once on the micro card). I'd like to free up the memory by deleting all the songs from memory, but I can't find a way to do it in bulk like I could with the File Manager on my previous Moto Q Smartphone using Windows Mobile.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Mel
    08-23-09 07:37 PM
    Thanks, forever29. Actually, I found in one of the advanced menus that this option was turned off, so turning it on took care of the problem. It now shows up.

And, I also found out that the 2g was actually the phone's memory and not the mico card. I took the 4g micro card out and reinstalled it and both the phone and my computer found it this time. Guess it wasn't seated properly the first time I put it in.

I do have one additional question. Isn't there anything like the Microsoft File Manager to delete a large number of files in a folder in bulk instead of one at a time? I copied a large number of music files to what I had thought was the micro card, and it turned out they were actually copied to the phone's memory, since the micro card wasn't actually showing up. Now I've copied the music to my micro card for real this time, so I have all the songs duplicated (once in memory and once on the micro card). I'd like to free up the memory by deleting all the songs from memory, but I can't find a way to do it in bulk like I could with the File Manager on my previous Moto Q Smartphone using Windows Mobile.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Mel
    Yes. Connect your phone to your PC and it will prompt you to turn on mass
    storage mode. Turn it on and you'll be able to access the media card and
    your phone's memory through "My Computer"
    08-23-09 07:40 PM
    There are apps for that, I don't use them because you can do the same thing by plugging in your bb to a computer and either using desktop manager or simply unhiding the files in explorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 07:43 PM
    Yes. Connect your phone to your PC and it will prompt you to turn on mass
    storage mode. Turn it on and you'll be able to access the media card and
    your phone's memory through "My Computer"
    Duh! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks again, forever29. And thanks, too, LawP.

Regards,

Mel
    08-23-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD