Hey everyone,

I'll get right down to it instead of typing a long back story. My gf bought a bold from ATT. She had the data plan on it and everything worked perfectly (She is was ATT) But then she didn't utilize the data package so she canceled it. After that she started getting missed calls ( calls never go through) delayed text messages (sometimes for a day or two) and dropped calls. She took it back to ATT and replaced the phone 3 times, didn't change anything..the problems still happened. None of it ever happened till she canceled the plan.

So my question is, why do you think that is happening? Should I update the stock version OS to a newer one? I haven't tried anything to fix it since ATT just gives her a bunch of answers that are not helping. They just replace the phone thinking it will go away but it won't.

Please help!
    08-14-09 03:40 AM
    the dropped calls on the OEM .167 firmware is a known issue due to the 3G to 2G tower handoffs. you can fix this by upgrading to .282 in order to manually change to 2G. i never had another dropped call when i disabled 3G on my Bold.

ive never seen the missed call/delayed text issue. that just sounds like a crummy network issue, loacalized to you.
    08-14-09 04:06 AM
    missed call / delayed text sounds like a Network Issue... but it doesnt hurt to try and upgrade to the latest firmware..
    08-14-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD