Hey guys. First time poster here. Here's my problem. I'm a sprint user that jumped on the Android bandwagon. At first, I loved it. It was new, hip, and linux. I've flashed 2.1 on my Samsung Moment and I don't like the direction it is going.

Theres a huge focus on gaming and entertainment but the simple stuff like AIM and email is blah. I'm looking for a phone that gets things done. This is why I'm in the market for a blackberry. An outdated curve will not do. I want the best BB on my network.

There are a few things that I need however before I make the switch. Does BB support push email for yahoo and gmail? Is there an Adsense and Analytics app on the app world? How good is the AIM app? Does it keep connection? How is the battery life on a typical BB? On my Moment, I can barely get a full day of battery life. I've read similiar result across different android phone. I am a heavy user.

thanks.
    04-29-10 10:59 AM
    Blackberry supports push for yahoo, gmail, and other types of email accounts as well. when they say push, they mean push.

I have a tour 9630 and i can get about 1 and 1/2 to 2 days of use as long as i use the standby/keyboard lock a lot. For a heavy user, you may get about a day.

Sprint does a pretty good job of signal strength, so connection shouldnt be a problem unless your in a good area, which should be most of the time.

The AIM app is pretty good. I personally dont use it that much but that's because I dont have much need for it. but when I have used it, it certainly does the job for me.

Hope this helps.
    04-29-10 11:10 AM
    It does do push e-mail from your Google and Yahoo account, and there are apps for Google and Yahoo that do more than just simple push e-mail, but I don't know about them specifically.
    As far as apps, you can look on the Blackberry website (and Crackberry!) and get into the App world and find out what's available.
    Its good you're on Sprint as they have had the best reviews for keeping connections, I'll be joining when the Bold 9650 is available.
    Physical keyboard Blackberrys have the best battery life of any smartphone I know of.
    04-29-10 11:22 AM
    Thanks! That helped me alot. Sadly, I couldnt find an adsense app on the blackberry app search. I might have to pick up an extended battery. Being so similar to the tour 1, would this battery fit?

Blackberry Source.com - High Capacity Battery Kit for BlackBerry 9630

From my understanding so far, the bold 9650 is the same shell as the 9630 but with wifi and trackpad. I'm curious to see if the cases and extended batteries for the 9630 fit the new 9650.
    04-29-10 11:33 AM
    As everyone said, gmail and yahoo are push. The yahoo push is big for me since my personal email is yahoo and I don't feel like switching to gmail for Android.

As far as AIM goes, I'm a heavy AIMer and I haven't used the native AIM client, I use Jivetalk ($20 but well worth it) which you can keep 'always on' and it's just like being in front of your computer AIMing. When you send IM's the other person gets it instantly and vice versa. Jivetalk is sweet.
    04-29-10 11:47 AM
    checkout IM+ Lite.. its free and used minimal battery life compared to some of the other msg apps.. also its more capable and includes skype IM

As everyone said, gmail and yahoo are push. The yahoo push is big for me since my personal email is yahoo and I don't feel like switching to gmail for Android.

As far as AIM goes, I'm a heavy AIMer and I haven't used the native AIM client, I use Jivetalk ($20 but well worth it) which you can keep 'always on' and it's just like being in front of your computer AIMing. When you send IM's the other person gets it instantly and vice versa. Jivetalk is sweet.
    04-29-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD