lol, my most incredulous dismay remains BB10's inability to insert rows in native spreadsheets! WHAT were they thinking? On a "business oriented" handset? Were they thinking? Just another case of "reinventing the wheel" inexperience. lol.
    Shift + enter don't work?
    Maybe I don't know what you're talking about.
    09-26-20 04:11 PM
    I guess I never really used docs to go for spreadsheets too much on bb10. I did spreadsheets on Playbook a bit and I thought they worked fine for inserting rows and columns. Then again, maybe not remembering fully.
    09-26-20 04:14 PM
    Shift + enter don't work?
    Maybe I don't know what you're talking about.
    Pretty sure we tried that, and a hundred other things, years ago... Just now opened Classic and shift + enter does nothing perceptible...?? To be clear, open a dtg spreadsheet in BB10... Scroll down to, say row 40... Now insert a new row between 40 and 41... ?? To shift 41+++ down one row and "insert" a new 41. ??

Easy on Bold... Never found a way on BB10... Other than selecting all rows 41++++, cut, down one row, paste... Pretty cumbersome when dealing with thousands of rows. Lol.

One BIG reason we stuck with Bolds. Still have some deactivated Bolds around just for spreadsheet work. I like the single handed way they, and trackpad, works on Bold better than desktop! I frequently update spreadsheets on Bold in left hand while operating CAD station mouse with right hand. A marvelous productivity multiplier! Bold is really a sweet spreadsheet beast! I've long advocated that MS should consider packaging Bold inspired entry appliances with EXCEL!

Unless there's something my crew missed for many years, BB10 just overlooked "insert row", afaik?
    09-26-20 05:37 PM
    My second most incredulous BB10 dismay... how many days are in August? ?? Lol
    Attached Thumbnails This might finally end it for my Bold-img_20200927_064430.png  
    09-27-20 01:57 AM
    Is this wrong in BlackBerry Calendar for all years.
    09-27-20 06:29 AM
    Is this wrong in BlackBerry Calendar for all years.
    No, if it were so consistent it'd prove easier mitigate for. Lol. It's really a function of day-of-week the month starts on. And scroll direction. Several months per year randomly do that... First discovered the flaw while miracast onto a big screen during a meeting... Lol. No one noticed anything ... Other than my presentation was uncharacteristically short. Lol. I just don't use month view in BB10 calendar.

Dan Dodge's team came with NO smartphone experience I'm aware of. Afaik? Mike tragically sequestered BB10 team from BB's vast experience... They really did an impressive job, considering, but... Lol.

Bold calendar, however, has proven a reliable friend. It no longer syncs, tho.
    AA Byron likes this.
    09-27-20 08:05 AM
    I don't know how Bold holdouts didn't at least upgrade to a Classic by now, if they really can't stand Android.
    Very simple reason that many overlook. Just the sheer size of the device. Sure, it looks like a Bold, but the dang thing is the size of a Z30! It's supposed to be a mobile _hand_ set.

I can't speak to how well (or not) BB10 operates with the toolbelt and trackpad.

There's a reason Apple still churns out SE's and it ain't the price. Most people I know just like the size.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-20 04:17 PM
    Leap Year comes twice?
    09-29-20 08:36 AM
    Leap Year comes twice?
    Can't say I've noticed that... Lol. Probably a good thing they never enabled the long awaited "Time Travel" checkbox... Lol. Sorta scary to not trust what month you might be travelling to... Lol.

Anyone recall an old tv series called "Time Tunnel"?? A weds night essential in my formative years of the 60's... (Yes, I grew up as a proud, slide rule & caliper carrying, nerd!) (WE were still heading for the moon, then.) Lol. Poor Tony & Doug never knew WHERE in time they were travelling to... Lol. BB10 devs musta been a fan also... Lol.
    maybe explain Dan Dodge's "schedule slip" re Amiga and BB10? ?? Haha...

Interestingly, I never noticed the issue before a major BB10 os "upgrade"... Have not had hands on an older version to confirm if it was there... But, with time travellers all around messing with "destiny", how would we know?? Lol.

Btw: friends of mine got married 28 yrs ago... They just celebrated their 7th anniversary this year... Which day were they married? Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 09-29-20 at 09:22 AM.
    09-29-20 09:05 AM
    I bought a bold 9900 and 9790 which are both arriving today. I gave up my blackberry key 2 Le...I am going on a digital detox most likely till the new blackberry is released but who knows I may just stick with the bold lol. I miss the simple days of carrying around a small device like the bold 9900. I owned this when it came out in 2011 and its my all time fav blackberry. I also picked up the 9790 because I never owned this device. Past two weeks I was using the Nokia 3310 for my digital detox but T9 texting is just beyond annoying to do lol.

I am excited to just have a phone to call and text. Taking my son out to play tennis, for ice cream and hiking is nice without constantly being drawn into a smart phone. I closed all my social media accounts as well.
    Last edited by pandemicbold; 09-30-20 at 09:28 AM.
    idssteve and AA Byron like this.
    09-30-20 08:56 AM
    Bold calendar, however, has proven a reliable friend. It no longer syncs, tho.
    You can still sync the calendar from the full Outlook application with BB Desktop over bluetooth (or USB if you really like cables)
    10-17-20 07:46 AM
    You can still sync the calendar from the full Outlook application with BB Desktop over bluetooth (or USB if you really like cables)
    Thanks! Yep. We've been usb-ing a lot since the last BT vulnerability reveal... Wifi vulnerable also. One project site shares air with contractors of questionable scruples... Lol.

Moving mostly spreadsheet files but also calendar, etc...
    10-18-20 06:00 PM
    What cell carrier allowed activation?

VZW throwing me and my family plans of Bolds off and soon we will be orphans :-(
    12-05-20 11:26 AM
63 123