Hi, after attempting to change housing myself and snapping the middle plate ribbon, I got it replaced and now there is no sound.... does anyone know where the speaker is placed in the 9700??? Could I fix it myself or should i go complain to the people who changed it for me?

Thanxs
    08-19-11 01:25 PM
    If i were u, id go take it back to the ppl who changed it for me. When they replace the midplate, usually a new speaker comes with it, and most of the time theyre really crappy in sound quality or dont work at all. But im fairly sure its cuz they put the speaker in backwards, to replace it, u basically have to take apart the whole fone, but if u want to the speaker lies beneath the micro sd card holder.
    08-19-11 01:59 PM
    Take it to the repair shop and demand that they fix what damage they did to your blackberry. Also, they voided your warranty too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 03:03 PM
    speaker is at the top where earpiece is. Check for gold contacts and make sure is making good connection.
    08-21-11 07:59 PM
    the speaker is on the midplate under the memory card reader. thats the loudspeaker. the one just on top under the bezelnis the ear speaker.check the contacts to see if they havent been pushed down or snapped. if snappednu may be able to bend them up to make it work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD