im not sure if anyone else is having a major problem with their bold and micro sd cards? the first day, i placed my micro sd card into my bold, then began to charge it. a couple hours later, my bold felt extremely hot. i unplugged it, which only cause my bold to restart. after the restart, the bold dies because for some reason the battery wasn't charging. after taking out my micro sd card, this problem never occured again. to make sure that this wasn't a fluke, i tried my micro sd card multiple times, only to get them same result everytime. anyone know what is exactly wrong?
    12-16-08 02:19 AM
    Sounds like you need a a new Bold, give AT&T a shout and let em know yours is messed up or at the very least try a different OS on the device if you are still running .167
    12-16-08 02:31 AM
    I would start by trying a different SD card. It sounds like something has a fault which is draining the battery, and the card is the fastest and easiest part to change first.
    12-16-08 06:29 AM
    I am having this same problem with my phone.
    I just got the Bold yesterday. I put in a media card and charged it overnight. This morning the phone was very hot but working fine. About 9am the phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I took the battery out and the media card and waited about half hour then put the battery back in and recharged the phone. its now working. I'm afraid to put the media card back in.

Do you think the problem is the phone itself? Should I return it and get a new one or could the problem be the media card? I used the media card in the STORM up until yesterday and never had a problem with it.

Thanks!
    12-22-08 10:13 AM
    i don't think it has anything to do with the sd card, it sounds like a battery issue...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 10:22 AM
    I went to AT&T and they gave me a new battery. Said I should not charge my phone overnight. only 4 hours max.

I guess i'm just used to pluggin the phone in at night wen I go to bed like i've done with every other phone.
    12-22-08 11:13 AM
    I went to AT&T and they gave me a new battery. Said I should not charge my phone overnight. only 4 hours max.

I guess i'm just used to pluggin the phone in at night wen I go to bed like i've done with every other phone.
    That's BS answer. Not true at all.
    12-22-08 11:24 AM

Huh??? I've been charging my phones overnight for years. Never a prob. At least they gave you a new battery to try. Hope it works for you.
    12-22-08 11:26 AM
    i'm going to try putting the sd card in again and see wat happens.
    12-22-08 01:04 PM
    What brand is the micro sd card you are using and does it read properly in a reader with your computer?
    12-22-08 04:42 PM
    Doesn't help you now, but worth a look.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/pre...issues-120655/
    12-22-08 04:51 PM
    They lied to you. The battery and phone should communicate together to regulate the charge, and shut down charging automagically when the battery is 'full'. If it fails to do this either the phone or battery (maybe both) is DEFECTIVE.

If you have a defective battery which overheats (too hot to touch) it should be pulled from service and replaced as soon as possible as a safety issue. Overheated batteries can burn unsuspecting users, and if a Lithium-ion cell pack ruptures or goes into thermal runanway it can get very "exciting", not to mention the damage a leaking cell could cause to the user and phone.

The standard 500mA charge current from the wall charger or USB is not capable of causing the battery to become more than slightly warm. If it gets "hot", either the phone is drawing excessive current and discharging the battery, or the battery is self-discharging through an internal short circuit.
    12-22-08 07:10 PM
    What brand is the micro sd card you are using and does it read properly in a reader with your computer?
    Curious on the brand as well.
    12-22-08 07:19 PM
    My Bold also overheated. Turned out the cable was defective, because it would not communicate with my computer. ATT replaced the cable and the BB doesn't overheat anymore
    12-22-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD