Hi all I have been getting a funny message at least a couple of times a day for the last 3 or 4 days it reads as follows:

"You are attempting to open a secure connection but the server's certificate is not trusted"

then it asks if I want to continue, close connection, view certificate or trust certificate.....

The thing is I wasn't doing anything this time, except receiving an SMS text from my daughter and sending one back to her. Other times I just get the message. I haven't installed any new apps lately although I did install a new theme.

Any ideas as to what I should do to correct this?
    06-12-11 03:58 PM
    Oh and yes I searched, nothing quite fit my problem. No I didn't do anything weird on my phone or click on anything funny. Its just strange. I've never had this happen to me before
    06-12-11 04:00 PM
    I've had the same issue since Friday - I thought it started because I was out of town in an area I've never been before, but that just sounds like a coincidence. I get this message pretty much every time I receive a text message. Perhaps it's a Telus thing (is Virgin connected to it in any way, like sharing towers, etc?)
    06-14-11 12:16 PM
    Hi anton-k, I don't know how the towers work, I do know Virgin piggy backs on Bell so if Bell and Telus share ..... but I don't think they do. (could be wrong)
    Other people have been talking about funny stuff happening too in regards to their BB's insisting there is a hotspot to open. Maybe the the sun with its solar flare has something to do with lol
    I did upgrade to 6.0 OS and the problem followed me.
    06-14-11 12:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure Bell and Telus do share towers on the HSPA+ network, but as far as I know you can still have a Telus outage without having a Bell one, so maybe it's not related to that at all. I haven't changed anything and didn't see this message today, so hopefully it's gone for good. It does seem like it's carrier related, so anything you do/upgrade on your phone probably wouldn't change anything.
    06-14-11 07:48 PM
    I have noticed that I seem to be getting this message only when receiving texts ......
    06-14-11 08:27 PM
    and yeah, you were right, my upgrade made no difference. The odd thing about this is that I will receive the pop up only after I get 3 or 4 texts.
    06-14-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD