I currently have the 450 smartphone bundle for my bold for 50$ a month

-the blackberry personal bundle with messaging

however the smartphone bundle without unlimited messaging is $30. AT&T offers a 1500 messaging option for $15

so if i get the BB personal w/o messaging for 30 along with the 1500 message plan for 15, it'll add up to 45.

My question is if the messaging option even works on blackberrys b/c I know how AT&T have different plans for smartphones and cell phones.

Paying 45 instead of 50 is not bad, might as well try and save 5 bucks a month. Would I be able to do this??
    06-12-09 09:10 PM
    Ahhh yes - 2 options... 1500 for 15$ or for only 5$ more go unlimited I say your stupid if you go w/ 1500 haha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 10:29 PM
    I got rid of my texting plan completely...everyone I used to text with I now email with; email is just as fast to send and receive, is not limited to 140 characters and the $240 a year I save essentially pays for 8 months of my data plan. BBM uses data side so that's cool too.
    06-12-09 11:27 PM
    I got rid of my texting plan completely...everyone I used to text with I now email with; email is just as fast to send and receive, is not limited to 140 characters and the $240 a year I save essentially pays for 8 months of my data plan. BBM uses data side so that's cool too.

Exactly what I do. I have a BB through work with no messaging plan. I simply email to my friends cell phones numbers and they text back to my BB email address. They get the test messages they are used to I receive their replies as email and it costs me nothing. Jusat have your regular contacts save your BB email address in the contacts list and use that when they text you. In this way all of the text mesages are covered on your data plan.
    06-13-09 11:28 AM
    This is exactly what I tell my son who has a BB, but would rather text than email. For me, it is just as fast to email as text, but he would rather text. Go figure!
    06-13-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD