When I hit the menu to do anything and scroll down to something in it I can hit the menu button again and it does the same as selecting it with the trackpad.
    Is anybody having this happen to them too. I don't know if it is something new because I came from an old 8330. I used to hit menu and if I hit menu again the menu would go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 09:24 AM
    When I hit the menu to do anything and scroll down to something in it I can hit the menu button again and it does the same as selecting it with the trackpad.
    Is anybody having this happen to them too. I don't know if it is something new because I came from an old 8330. I used to hit menu and if I hit menu again the menu would go away.

Good find. My 8330m didn't let me select with the menu button, either.

05-21-10 09:30 AM
    Do I take that as a yes or no with the repost? Lol/jk

05-21-10 09:32 AM
    It does the same on mine as well, I tested it on my bb 8530 and same thing on that as well. It must be a 5.0 feature.

05-21-10 09:34 AM
    Do I take that as a yes or no with the repost? Lol/jk

What the heck happened to my post. Clearly user error! LOL

I was unable to use the menu as a selector on the 8330m so this is a good find!

05-21-10 09:35 AM
    That functionality started with the 4.6 OS.
    05-21-10 09:44 AM
    Damn I was hoping it was an issue. I am so used to hitting menu to drop the menu. Lol

05-21-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD