Hello,

So I'm not really a techy but I get by. I tried looking to see if this was already posted somewhere in the forums but couldn't find any answers.

So I went to download another app and I was informed that my bold no longer has enough memory to download it (although I didn't think I downloaded all that many). I went to look at my memory capacity and noticed that the memory seems to be divided up for different things and you can't 'borrow' from another section. Basically I'm curious if anyone knows how (or if it's even possible) to make it so that the memory can be used for anything ...whether it's for apps, pictures, contacts, etc... Is there maybe an app just for that? Hope that I wrote this in a way that it's not just me that understands what I'm trying to ask, haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you all for your time.
    06-09-09 06:13 PM
    No, the memory is segregated completely You cannot move it from one to another. 1GB internal is for images, documents, etc. All OS functions are handled by the rest of the memory.
    06-09-09 06:15 PM
    The Bold uses the same allocated memory for app usage and storage. My guess is that you are using too much memory by leaving apps open. Be sure to close them from their menu using Close or Exit. Pull the battery out for 30 seconds then reinstall and reboot. That'll reset your memory.
    06-09-09 07:36 PM
    Thanks for the info guys
    06-10-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD