I recently installed a few themes and apps onto my bold. After i was done with them i went through desktop manager and removed them. I only have slacker radio and vision player installed and now my device memory reads 44.9mb. I did a battery pull just to make sure that wasn't the issue and its still the same. Any ideas?
    09-16-09 12:01 AM
    What OS are you running? There is nothing wrong with 44.9 MB app memory.
    That is around what I have after a battery pull, and I have 3 themes and around 15 apps from 3rd parties.

Just make sure you close your apps properly and you shouldn't have any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lak611; 09-16-09 at 12:08 AM.
    09-16-09 12:06 AM
    im running the last .297 but i only have like 3 apps installed so that seemed a tad bit low for me. I went thru and closed all running apps...
    09-16-09 12:09 AM
    You're fine @ 44.9. If you get down around 12 that is when there are definite issues.

I recommend Quick Pull. It simulates a battery pull and can help with memory issues. It is available on the CrackBerry apps.

09-16-09 12:14 AM
    ok ty lak611
    09-16-09 12:32 AM
    You're welcome. . Here's the link for QuickPull. Steelthorn MobileStore

09-16-09 12:41 AM
    My experience was started with 30+mb and after browsing facebook, it drop to 2mb. Weird... As usual, rebooted the set.
    09-16-09 03:02 AM
    Facebook is a known app for causing memory leak. But I don't use Facebook at all.

09-16-09 03:41 AM
    Facebook is a known app for causing memory leak. But I don't use Facebook at all.

Since I upgraded to version 5.x Now @ v.5.0.0.190 I've never seen more than 29MB. At this very moment I'm at 10.9MB of available (Free Space) memory!

List of applications i have installed:

• AmAze Navigation
      MobiHand AppStore
      BuZZD
      CaptureIt
      Com_plazmic_theme_boldpurebasic
      Com_plazmic_theme_OutsideIN
      Google Maps
      Yahoo! Finance
      Documents To Go from DataViz
      Dutch Input Language

My content Cache is:930KB
    My Pushed Content is:3.4KB
    My Cookie Cache is: 21 cookies

And no extra application Icon visible besides the default; Browser, Home, Message & Phone Log.

Last but not least recently installed Gmail's Enhanced Plug-in. I have a feeling that tthis Plug-in might be causing this however I have yet to find a way to remove said Plug-in...

Can anyone advise me regarding boosting my available memory and removing the GMail Enhance Plug-in?

Regards & Thanks in advance,

NokJAA
    09-16-09 08:31 AM
    I have 19 free and have about 25 apps installed - :P
    09-16-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD