Last night before going to sleep I did a battery pull, and then looked to see how much app memory I had. It said I had 42.4mb, this morning I checked it again to see what it was at, and it was 23.5mb. I couldn�t believe that it could leak that much. I didn�t even use the phone during this period of time.

I searched the forum earlier to try and find out what I could do to help stop this, or at least slow it down. Nothing that I have found has helped. I am currently running .247. Does anyone have a solution to this...? I know there are other posts on this very issue, but mine seems to be a little different in the sense that none of the other solutions are working...

Thanks
    05-01-09 10:39 AM
    What third party apps are installed, and did you add or change anything this week?
    05-01-09 10:42 AM
    What third party apps are installed, and did you add or change anything this week?
    List of APPS:

1.Facebook 1.5
    2.Google Maps
    3.Bloomberg
    4.Vigo
    5.Poynt
    6.Pandora
    7.Deer Hunter 3
    8.Weather Eye

I have not added any apps recently.

I have not added anything or changed any settings at all this week.

Thanks for helping
    05-01-09 10:46 AM
    Two of them jump out, Facebook and Viigo. Both can cause issues if left running in the background. Push Alt+Back and see if either show.
    05-01-09 10:54 AM
    Two of them jump out, Facebook and Viigo. Both can cause issues if left running in the background. Push Alt+Back and see if either show.
    Viigo was running in the background. I went in and closed it. Should I do a battery pull and see what happens?
    05-01-09 10:59 AM
    if you did a bettery pull and didnt start those problems again then you should have a problem with them. but i am not sure if the newly updated viigo has a automatic startup...
    05-01-09 11:03 AM
    Viigo + weathereye jump out at me. They constantly access data to update. Vampires. I had both but deleted them within a day of installing.
    05-01-09 11:05 AM
    Viigo was running in the background. I went in and closed it. Should I do a battery pull and see what happens?
    Yep, absolutely.

And Chicklet shared these Viigo settings with me, and they work great.

My set up is no move to background and no to save on exit. I have a max of 10 arcticles per channel and no auto update. Seems to work
    05-01-09 11:05 AM
    Yep, absolutely.

And Chicklet shared these Viigo settings with me, and they work great.

My set up is no move to background and no to save on exit. I have a max of 10 arcticles per channel and no auto update. Seems to work
    bt225, Thanks for all of your help!

Perfect.

I went in and changed my Viigo settings to what you said. I did a battery pull and my memory jumped up to 34.6mb. Thats weird, I wonder why it didnt go up higher.

I will just have to keep an eye on it, and remeber to close applications once i am done using them (I think that has been my biggest problem).
    05-01-09 11:19 AM
    You should be fine now.
    05-01-09 11:20 AM
    Also an important question, did it level out at 23MB, or did it continue to drop from there without changing what was running. If the former, it was not a leak, it was just high memory consumption from your programs, which as people here have pointed out, is expected behavior of certain apps. It's normal for the number to look huge after a pull and then drop as apps start doing their thing. That's how BlackBerries work. Was your performance affected when you only had 23MB free? If not, you probably didn't have to change anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 02:27 PM
    I have the same deal. My memory will start the day at around 30 and end up down to about 10 by days end. I am currently running v4.7.075. I have the following apps installed:

StormSlider
    YouTube
    Facebook
    Crackberry Apps Storm
    Blackberry App World
    iHeart Radio
    Google Maps
    Quick Pull
    Poynt
    One extra installed theme

Any help is welcomed!
    05-02-09 12:29 PM
    Weathereye is definitely a memory hogger...i had it and i deleted it the other day as i was starting with 42mb but by 8pm i was down to 18mb :/

Currently using weatherberry which seems to be alot more stable and not as memory intensive.
    05-02-09 12:39 PM
    I didnt know there was a youtube app
    05-02-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD