You may ask "how can it get worse?" But it has somehow. I haven't changed how I use the phone, and I've even deleted an app to try and help. Right now its sitting at 21141020 Bytes, but for some reason is running fairly smooth. I'm expecting it to crash any minute. Has anyone else noticed their memory leak to become worse in the past week? I may try putting a different OS on here or try my hand at shrinking the same one I use now. I would love to upgrade my phone to the 9900 but its not possible at the moment. I can't wait for RIM to run QNX on their phones...

37486032 Bytes after battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eKafara; 09-07-11 at 06:41 AM.
    09-07-11 06:25 AM
    I' m on .650 & mine also did after about 2 weeks. No extra apps, etc. went from 98000 to 80000 after numerous reboots. Went to bbsak to read system, can't find extra there either. Losing 20000+ PER DAY.
    09-07-11 11:51 AM
    Sounds like you haven't shrunk your OS yet. Download and install BB-BOSS via a forum search, then anything you want, leave it unchecked. Anything you don't need, check it off. Click Direct Shrink on Phone. Your device will reboot once you click Yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ekafara likes this.
    09-07-11 05:35 PM
    I actually just took OS 6 off of my 9700 last night and reinstalled the last version of OS 5. I was having major issues with memory on my device. So much so that it was nearly impossible to use the phone as it was always displaying the clock & freezing. Multiple battery pulls were required each day to make the phone operational.

I will admit that I have an addiction to trying new apps, so I was constantly having to play app roulette; to get a new app, I'd have to delete at least one other app. It was beyond ridiculous.

After reverting to OS 5, I've got over 90MB of free application memory (after downloading 5 apps!) and my phone hasn't operated this smoothly in a long time.

Hope you have better luck than I was!
    09-07-11 09:48 PM
    Try a different OS or shrink it as Rootbrian said. I'm using a Hybrid and memory it great so far
    ekafara likes this.
    09-11-11 12:06 AM
    My 9700 is sweet i have over 30 apps on my 9700 and I'm on os6 with a hybrid of my mates installed u should try it out download berrylicious delight 4 9700 i have app wrld 3.0 and bbm games and music and i don't even get the loading clock yet and I've been running 4 about 3wks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    09-11-11 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD