I'm facing memory issues in my Bold for the last few days after installing a few applications and themes. After restarting the phone, going to Options > Memory shows the free application memory to 9 MB. As I use the phone, this keeps dropping and shortly becomes 0 MB. The whole phone then starts behaving sluggishly and the only option left is to do a battery pull. After restarting, the whole cycle gets repeated again.
    My OS version is 4.6.0.162

Please advise...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 02:51 AM
    Click the link in my sig.

07-05-09 02:57 AM
    I'm facing memory issues in my Bold for the last few days after installing a few applications and themes. After restarting the phone, going to Options > Memory shows the free application memory to 9 MB. As I use the phone, this keeps dropping and shortly becomes 0 MB. The whole phone then starts behaving sluggishly and the only option left is to do a battery pull. After restarting, the whole cycle gets repeated again.

Please advise...

I would definitely upgrade to the latest OS and I would also delete themes and apps that I don't use. Just save em on your computer so that when you feel like using em, you can always re-install through DM.
    07-05-09 03:08 AM

you used the mobile site so sig won't show.
    07-05-09 03:09 AM

Can you post the link? I'm posting from my handheld and can't see the signature.

07-05-09 03:10 AM
    Haha, how many apps do you have running in the background? Probably a lot. Close some out!

07-05-09 03:33 AM
    Haha, how many apps do you have running in the background? Probably a lot. Close some out!

The application switcher only shows the basic apps (messasing, browser, bb messenger etc.) running. How can I check what background applications are running on my handset ?
    07-05-09 05:31 AM
    Those are the ones-the ones you see in there.It has to be one of the apps you installed:its footprint is either too big or consumes too much RAM. I say start by uninstalling one and see how it behaves. If its the same, put it back and uninstall another;you will find out in a few days. And yes I know it is tedious but you gotta learn, you dont expect any1 here to fix it for you,are you?
    07-05-09 07:56 AM

Please advise...

upgrade to 282

delete the themes and apps u rarely use

move all ur photo & stuffs to memory cards

and delete some old emails

hope it helps
    07-05-09 08:46 AM
    QuickPull Pro will simulate a battery pull.
    07-05-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD