Hi I have just updated my blackberry software to OS6 and my memory is v.low now its lagging like a mofo its at 65mb as before it was at 110mb I've deleted things I didn't need I.e. Twitter but its still very low any suggestions on how I can increase the memory? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 06:58 AM
    check around the forums a bit for more information. Some people report difficulty running OS6 on the 9700. The household phone did fine.

Try more than one battery pull. Or as a last resort use a different OS version. Again the forums may be helpful for a version.
    09-09-11 07:11 AM
    Deleting the applications, setting calendar setting to delete events after 15 days, clearing application caches (in AppWorld, you can hit ALT +RST).
    09-09-11 08:43 AM
    Hi I have just updated my blackberry software to OS6 and my memory is v.low now its lagging like a mofo its at 65mb as before it was at 110mb I've deleted things I didn't need I.e. Twitter but its still very low any suggestions on how I can increase the memory? Thanks

If you have 65M free, I don't think memory is problem. What OS version are you using?
    09-09-11 10:38 AM
    Shrink the OS...it helps a lot! Delete any unneeded apps. Clear cache. Sadly, I'm hanging on to my 9700 until T-mobile drops price on 9900 or I decide to switch to Verizon. My 9700 still works great (I've been running OS 6 since it leaked for 9700) but you need to shrink the OS and keep your apps lean. Think simple/lean...not bloat.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-09-11 01:38 PM
    Shrink the OS...it helps a lot! Delete any unneeded apps. Clear cache. Sadly, I'm hanging on to my 9700 until T-mobile drops price on 9900 or I decide to switch to Verizon. My 9700 still works great (I've been running OS 6 since it leaked for 9700) but you need to shrink the OS and keep your apps lean. Think simple/lean...not bloat.
    +1 on your advice, OR install a hybrid OS, either option will definitely help you.
    09-09-11 03:13 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the advice one more question... How would I shrink it??
    Thanks

09-09-11 03:46 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the advice one more question... How would I shrink it??
    Thanks

Search for BB BOSS on the forums. Note: you'll need to use your computer to shrink it.

09-09-11 10:29 PM
    Search for BB BOSS on the forums. Note: you'll need to use your computer to shrink it.

Thank you can you delete applications like voice dialing cos I never use those?

09-10-11 01:39 AM
    Thank you can you delete applications like voice dialing cos I never use those?

There are a ton of things to remove once you have it installed and run it with your blackberry connected.

09-10-11 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD