I know you guys have probably read something like this a billion times but I did a search and couldnt really find anything that relates to my issue.

I got my Bold on Thursday, after playing around with it for 10 or so minutes I found the app memory, 25.4mb.

I have since installed 2 themes as well as the following apps:

Google Maps
    Facebook
    Myspace

Now my Bold now starts up on 18.8mb but by the evening is on 2mb.

I'm running the standard OS it came with which is 4.6.0.134

Anyone got any suggestions???

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    06-29-09 04:05 AM
    Update to the newest OS (stickied at the top of this forum *.282*)... It should fix this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 04:17 AM
    yeah the main advice would be to upgrade. you'll still lose memore throughout the day but will not be that significant
    06-29-09 04:19 AM
    Thought this might help you with that...

You can find .282 (the OS that a lot of us recommend) HERE. You can also view the other available OSes for the Bold HERE.

Follow these two guides:

Proper OS Upgrade & Downgrade Procedures

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

You will need CrackMem, which you can get HERE. The instructions for CrackMem can be found HERE.

If you do decide to upgrade the Operating System of your Bold be sure to take your time and follow the instructions carefully.

Chris
    06-29-09 04:49 AM
    Thanks for all your help guys, I'll give this a go tonight.

I'm hoping this helps, seeing as since I posted this an hour ago, I'm down to 10mb. Which means in an hour of being at work (sent 5 texts) I've lost 8mb :-|

I'll let you all know how it goes once I'm done.

Thanks again guys.
    06-29-09 05:17 AM
    The upgrade will help, but it won't fix this. Be sure your apps are not running in the background by closing each of them from their respective menus. And some themes will also eat up memory.
    06-29-09 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD