i upgraded my Bold 9700 to OS6 and i have been running low on application memory...is there anything i can do?...

i am impressed the device still runs decently and i dont have to do regular battery pull but i think the low memory is affecting the speed of data transfer between the 9700 and my PB via bluetooth..any suggestions pls
    07-05-11 11:31 AM
    Hi there! I moved your post to it's own thread, on the appropriate forum, so it would be better addressed.

OS6 on the 9700 works well, especially some of the more recent iterations, but there are steps you should take to get the most out of it.

Have you reduced the size (shrunk) the OS at all, prior to installation? What OS version did you install (can be found by typing myver and hitting the spacebar)? Are you closing open apps, when not in use?

I sincerely doubt the memory is having any ill effect on your transfer speed, with the exception of pauses during timer spin, from the garbage collection busily trying to keep you from maxing out your RAM. I would highly recommend a daily battery pull, whether you think it necessary or not.
    walcolm likes this.
    07-05-11 12:01 PM
    thanx badwulf.

i use OS6.0.0.546 and no i did not shrink it before installing. i do my best to close open apps when not needed.

i will do the daily pull as u have advised

is the OS6.0.0.600 build smaller than the .546?
    07-05-11 01:18 PM
    thanx badwulf.

i use OS6.0.0.546 and no i did not shrink it before installing. i do my best to close open apps when not needed.

i will do the daily pull as u have advised

is the OS6.0.0.600 build smaller than the .546?
    No, all of the OS 6 builds are around the same size, give or take a few MB. I would not recommend running OS 6 on a 9700 without shrinking it.
    07-05-11 01:25 PM
    Thanks Laura! Even a couple MB I imagine would help with RAM some, but which OS would be best for you Walcolm is something you'll have to experiment with, and decide. Here's the shrink program I would recommend:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...s-tool-579728/
    07-05-11 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD