I just don't get memory drain. The only other program "running" besides the required BB ones is profiler. Sometimes I can use it gently and it barely budges from the 43mb range. Yet times like now, where it has been doing nothing but sitting on a desk sees it plummett from 43mb down to 33mb.

What gives? It makes no sense to me. Is it suppose to make sense. Do themes drain memory? if yes, is it best to stick with the ones that came with the unit (I have the Bold). Does it matter what carrier you use - i.e. are they constantly "pinging"?

I never use BBM but there seems to be no way to turn it off. Same thing about the browser, it seems to have to be on (always one of the programs that popup when I hit menu). Why do these need to be running?

I guess this is nothing more than wondering why.
    07-24-09 11:57 AM
    Yes, some themes will cause a memory leak. I've had a few themes that had to be removed because they caused me to drop down to 20ish when I usually run at 45! The standard programs that run in the background won't affect your berry (ex. Browser, Phone, Messenger, etc.), but third party apps can, so you should always close them out after using if possible. Also, some people say that battery pulls are good and some say that they make no difference, but I notice that my memory goes back up after pulling the battery or doing a soft reset. I, frankly, don't understand memory leaks either, though... and I've owned various berries for a while now.
    07-24-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD