How do you disable momory cleaning on a BB Bold?
    06-13-09 03:10 PM
    How do you disable momory cleaning on a BB Bold?
    Go to options then securtiy options then memory cleaning and change status to disabled.
    06-13-09 03:13 PM
    Erm...why would u want to do that?
    Sometimes its good to do a memory cleaning once in a blue moon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 03:14 PM
    When you do Options/Security Options/Memory Cleaning there appears to be a lock beside the Enable/Disable, which is not allowing you to make a change. Is there some other release procedure?
    06-13-09 03:31 PM
    if you hold down the "alt" key and press "L,G,L,G" in that order, then the event log will come up. click on the options menu and press "clear log" that will free up a lot of memory also.
    06-13-09 03:53 PM
    Good point its just that the event log is very small and its just wont contribute much on freeing up the memory.

The best memory cleaner is still the battery pull.
    06-13-09 04:08 PM
    The best memory cleaner is still the battery pull.
    Holding ALT + left or right shift + DEL together achieves the same thing as a battery pull without pulling the battery. Useful for those that have it in a case that blocks easy access to the battery lid
    06-13-09 04:33 PM
    Quick Pull works like a champ also, especially if you set a schedule to do it daily.
    06-13-09 10:33 PM
    Dont you have to switch the device first before the actuall pull .. ?
    06-13-09 11:00 PM
    When you do Options/Security Options/Memory Cleaning there appears to be a lock beside the Enable/Disable, which is not allowing you to make a change. Is there some other release procedure?
    Did you get your Berry through work? Because it sounds like you have an IT policy on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 11:15 PM
    Dont you have to switch the device first before the actuall pull .. ?
    i believe u are saying switching off the bb before doing a quick pull or batt pull.

the answer is no
    06-13-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD