Looking at the SanDisk website for Micro Memory Cards suitable to work with 9780 as per their recommendations, the suggested ones are :

(1) SanDisk microSDHC 4GB : Product code SDSDQ-004G-A11M
    (2) SanDisk microSDHC 8GB : Product code SDSDQ-008G-A11M
    (3) SanDisk microSDHC 16GB : Product code SDSDQ-0016G-A11M
    (4) SanDisk microSDHC 32GB : Product code SDSDQ-0032G-A11M

These are ALL Class 2 products.

SanDisk also makes microSDHC cards having Class 4, Class 6 and Class 10. I am to understand that Class rating is the Transfer speed, with higher speed as Class rating goes up.

Question:
    Why is it that SanDisk themselves recommend the lowest Class rating for BlackBerry phones ? i.e. Class 2
    They could have easily suggested Class 4 or 6 or even 10.

Could someone throw some light as to what they are using successfully and what happens if instead of the suggested Class 2, you use Class 4 or higher ones ?

Thanks in advance !
    07-19-11 12:13 PM
    Any class microSDHC up to 32GB will work with BlackBerry devices running OS 4.6.1 and higher.

The OS will not benefit from higher classes itself, class 2 is what they handle. Now your PC/Mac/Tabled might and I bet you'll prefer to have a class 4 or faster when syncing GBs of music/pictures to/from the device.

Happy shopping.

PS: 8GB SDHC Class 4 here. Would gladly move to 32GB Class 10 if they were not so expensive.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-11 12:23 PM
    @ diegonei

Thanks for the elaborate post. Point noted
    haha !! Class-10 32GB $$$
    07-19-11 12:45 PM
    haha !! Class-10 32GB $$$
    Tell me you don't want one...
    07-19-11 02:26 PM
    Using a Sandisk 16GB Class 4 here - and all running good. The better class is well worth it when updating a lot of music on the card, or copying lots of photos from it when attached to the PC. Noticeably quicker than my Sandisk 2GB old Class 2 I used to use.
    henghs likes this.
    07-20-11 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD