Hello, I am wondering how big of a micro SD I can outfit my BlackBerry Bold with? Is the Bold HD SC compatible?
    07-08-08 08:34 AM
    I think 8GB is what is currently on the market but I know a 16gb is due very soon if it's not out already.

The Bold works fine with the 8GB SDHC I have.
    07-08-08 11:04 AM
    The only issue you should/could have is with the card reader...Otherwise the 8gb SDHC is proper in mine as well...
    07-08-08 02:06 PM
    I think 8GB is what is currently on the market but I know a 16gb is due very soon if it's not out already.

I'll have to look that up, with the bolds iTunes compatibility that would be pretty sweet.
    07-08-08 05:37 PM

There are 32GB cards. Can't say for sure if they will work but I don't see why they wouldnt.
    07-09-08 02:46 PM
    16GB microSDHC is the max card size supported with OS 4.6. SanDisk announced 12GB microSDHC back in January 2008 so those could be coming out soon. Amazon.com has 8GB microSDHC for as little as $32.69. The 32GB SDHC cards are the larger cards and will not work in the BB Bold.
    07-09-08 09:12 PM
    Thanks. Didn't realize it was an OS limitation.
    07-10-08 09:10 AM
    Wow, i've already picked up a 4 gig card for the BOLD i don't have yet...and i thought that was a lot. I can't imagine having 8 or 12 gigs....even with a ton of movies and music, that just seems like a ton of storage space...
    07-10-08 10:48 AM
    The Bold is microSDHC compatible (anything over a size of 2Gb is technically consider SDHC!! )

Considering the current devices support 8Gb microSDHC, why would the next-gen devices not??

As for size specifications, I heard the Bold and OS 4.6 would support up to 32Gb external media cards! These are not in production and have not been released yet, but at least there is growth potential!
    07-10-08 10:50 AM
    There are field test units out with ATT (perhaps other carriers outside the US as well)

I don't have a 32GB card so I can't test in mine.

I can tell you that the software that goes out and imports from iTunes works sweet but you do have to perform a few clicks and drags to get your music from iTunes to the bold but it is SWEET!!!!
    07-11-08 04:58 PM
    There are field test units out with ATT (perhaps other carriers outside the US as well)

I don't have a 32GB card so I can't test in mine.

I can tell you that the software that goes out and imports from iTunes works sweet but you do have to perform a few clicks and drags to get your music from iTunes to the bold but it is SWEET!!!!
    That software is already being used by a number of CB users!! And nobody currently has a 32Gb microSD card... because they are not close to being out yet!! The next microSD is likely to be 16Gb
    07-11-08 05:01 PM
    The Bold will be able to utilize a 16G memory card.
    07-11-08 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD