Hi,

New to the forum and RIM as the Bold is my first BB (Vodafone version 162). Enjoying the new experience using Missing Sync on my Mac but I have come across TWO issues that I haven't found the answers to.

1) When I sync songs from iTunes (MP3 + AAC only) the Bold seems to put some songs in Device Memory and some on my 8Gb (Class IV) card. So now I'm left with 4mb of free space on the device memory (30ish for apps). I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to findout how to specify ONLY memory card to accept songs.

2) When syncing with Address Book (OS 10.4.11) it won't accept all the changes to contacts I made on the Bold to duplicate that in Address Book. Some contacts I deleted on the device still show up in Address Book also.

Highly appreciate any help I can get on these questions.

Thanks in advance!
    10-23-08 02:18 PM
    Hi,

New to the forum and RIM as the Bold is my first BB (Vodafone version 162). Enjoying the new experience using Missing Sync on my Mac but I have come across TWO issues that I haven't found the answers to.

1) When I sync songs from iTunes (MP3 + AAC only) the Bold seems to put some songs in Device Memory and some on my 8Gb (Class IV) card. So now I'm left with 4mb of free space on the device memory (30ish for apps). I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to findout how to specify ONLY memory card to accept songs. manually move the files from internal memory to the media card. You can use windows explorer or your BB's media app. Also, you want to keep a minimum of 10MB of free mem on your BB. I suggest to check out the thread in my signature "free memory"

2) When syncing with Address Book (OS 10.4.11) it won't accept all the changes to contacts I made on the Bold to duplicate that in Address Book. Some contacts I deleted on the device still show up in Address Book also.
    Make sure the 2-way sync is checked on the desktop manager.
    Highly appreciate any help I can get on these questions.

Thanks in advance!
    Check out my replies in red.
    10-23-08 02:23 PM
    Hey BBB,

I wouldn't mind moving the songs from internal mem to the card if it wasn't for the fact that there's about 300 songs in internal mem!
    As for the contacts issue, I'm on a Mac using Missing Sync, but I do have WinXP running windows-only apps (like desktop manager) so I can at least backup the phone for emergencies. But all my main data is on the Mac platform hence my dilemma.. Thanks though!
    10-23-08 02:28 PM
    1) In Blackberry Media Sync, go to Options while your BB is connected. You should see a dropdown 'Location of music.' Change that to your media card if it is not already. It is also a good idea to specify how much of the card you want to leave free. I set it high (25% on an 8gig card) so that I have plenty of room for photos and voice memos.

This should get everything syncing to your external card. You may have to clean up the internal memory, but from then on you should be okay.
    10-23-08 03:24 PM
    ok thanks rprouse I'll try that. The only issue is my songs are on the Mac itunes and not on WinXP (running Parallels) so syncing with Windows won't do much..

BUT I have noticed that all my songs have somehow moved to the memory card (5gb worth). However, when I check the Memory screen, the Device Memory says Total Space: 859.2Mb Free Space: 4.1Mb! But Media card is showing Total Space: 7.6Gb Free Space: 2.4Gb! What's up with that?? Maybe it needs to "rescan" the Device Memory to get actual free mem stat?

I might try to remove and reinsert battery to see if that works, but what EXACTLY gets wiped after a battery pull??

Ahh, if ONLY there was an option on the Bold itself to SELECT THE DARN MEMORY USAGE without using a PC!!
    10-24-08 01:19 PM
    wats the biggest size they come
    07-09-09 03:38 PM
    BBFileScout will let you move files around en masse once they're on your phone. My advice is not to "sync" media, just copy it from your computer to your device. Then not only do you have better control of what's copied and how it's organized, but you get a nice, Mac-friendly way to make sure stuff like music is ONLY copied to the SD card. Your app memory won't show up on your Mac even with Mass Storage mode enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD