Hi all,

I have an issue with my 9700: my device worked perfectly fine and for some reason, a couple of days ago, it stopped recognizing my MicroSD Card.
    I tried it on another Blackberry and it works perfectly fine.
    I also tried another card that works in other BBs but not in mine

Any idea what could cause that issue? I'm not sure I modified anything on my Blackberry so I really have no idea what could have happened...

Many thanks for your help!
    04-28-10 09:14 AM
    Are you sure you are pushing it all the way in and it is engaging on the device, and not just sitting in the slot???
    04-28-10 09:23 AM
    Is your card backed up? I would make sure its fully inserted and locked in the slot, and then do a format.
    04-28-10 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the quick answers

@fatboy97: it is pushed all the way, I checked several times, tried taking it out and back in, etc...

@Pi Guy: I'm not home right now so I'll need to backup my card then and I'll try. However, would the card still work in other Blackberrys but just not in this one?
    04-28-10 09:35 AM
    Thats really odd that it works in others and not yours. Can you take your friends cards (from the phones that you tried using yours in) and put it in yours and see if that works?
    04-28-10 09:40 AM
    Yes that's what I tried, my phone does not recognize those cards... (I only tried a couple though)
    I'll try another one tonight and especially will try to see if my computer is somehow able to recognize the card with the phone is connected.
    04-28-10 09:50 AM
    Damn that would suck if its defective... Hope it works out.
    04-28-10 09:53 AM
    yeah.. check it out good cause it may be a hardware issue... siply, somthing is broken... if u have your warranty, concider replacement...
    04-28-10 11:45 AM
    Mine did just this. The cure was a replacement phone.
    04-28-10 02:31 PM
    It does sound like you've performed the correct trouble shooting procedures... and it does sound like a hardware issue... if it's still covered under warranty I'd call your provider and ask for a replacement.
    04-28-10 02:45 PM
    Mine did this yesterday. I popped out the card, blew in the hole to make sure there was no dust, wiped off the MicroSD card contacts, and clicked it firmly back in. It then worked fine. Probably not such an easy solution for the OP, but figured it would be helpful advice for anyone else before going into Panic Mode
    04-28-10 03:12 PM
    Mine did this yesterday. I popped out the card, blew in the hole to make sure there was no dust, wiped off the MicroSD card contacts, and clicked it firmly back in. It then worked fine. Probably not such an easy solution for the OP, but figured it would be helpful advice for anyone else before going into Panic Mode
    Good advise too, imo. I too tried this. I even swore at it but finally warranty prevailed and I took my laptop to the store and sat there until the Device Switch Wizard had finished.
    04-28-10 03:31 PM
    hey this sounds like what is happening to me too! My device just says there is no memory card installed - but it is and its in there correctly (I've tried 3 separate memory cards all of which work in my old Curve) Also when I tried to format the memory card there is no format in the Options - Memory - Menu wording although when i first bought my Bold 9700 it was there.
    Anyone have any ideas for me before I go through sending it back for a replacement?

Thanks for any help at all
    Bonnie
    Last edited by BGK; 05-05-10 at 01:42 PM. Reason: its too far back for anyone currently to see it (I think)
    05-05-10 01:28 PM
    Hello BB's, my bb storm 9530 is reconizing my media card but my pc and desktop manager does not, i've tried turning the mass storage mode off and on several times but with no luck. when trying to sync my music from the PC it keeps on saying to turn the MSM on even when i already have it on. does anyone have any idea as to what else to do? please help the newbie.
    thank you
    03-20-11 09:26 AM
    You'll need to use a memory card reader (not your blackberry) to format the card and then put it back in your blackberry. You could also go about it with the GParted Live CD, by deleting and re-creating the FAT/FAT32 (3GB or larger memory cards) partiton, formatting and then ejecting the card and putting it in your blackberry.

Works either way, it resolved an issue with my 1GB card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 03:45 AM
    Dropped my 8330 (Curve) BB yesterday and out shot the battery and 4GB memory card. When I reinserted it, the BB would not recognize the card. After 10 or more out/ins, the BB indicated that the memory card needs to be "formatted." I put the card into an adapter and plugged that into the lap top and received the same "needs to be formatted" message. I'm hesitant to format the memory card because I'm afraid it will wipe all of the videos and photos I had stored on the card, which include the birth of my son last November. Can anyone offer any advice on how to recover the data on my memory card?

Much thanks in advance!
    08-03-11 12:26 PM
    Dropped my 8330 (Curve) BB yesterday and out shot the battery and 4GB memory card. When I reinserted it, the BB would not recognize the card. After 10 or more out/ins, the BB indicated that the memory card needs to be "formatted." I put the card into an adapter and plugged that into the lap top and received the same "needs to be formatted" message. I'm hesitant to format the memory card because I'm afraid it will wipe all of the videos and photos I had stored on the card, which include the birth of my son last November. Can anyone offer any advice on how to recover the data on my memory card?

Much thanks in advance!
    The card is screwed. You'll have to format it since one of the contacts likely got scratched, if you do look at them. Likely no recovery. You should have made a backup. Sorry for your loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 03:27 PM
    Mine did just this. The cure was a replacement phone.
    Same, and I've never had an issue with the replacement 9700. Just a great little workhorse with the looks of a Thoroughbred.
    08-03-11 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD