Hi to you all. I'm a newB and have just got a BB Bold form Orange UK. My problem is that the 1 GB memory card is not recognised on my Blackberry. Under Options > Memory it shows Media Card Support ON, Mass Storage Support ON, Auto enable Mass Storage Mobile When Connected YES,. And at the bottom of the page A media card is not presently inserted in the device. Where in fact it is. I cannot format the card as I do not have a media card reader for my computer. I have taken the battery out and reset the machine, still without success
    Can anyone please help me. My thanks in anticipation.
    08-13-09 12:59 PM
    Sometimes you think they are installed and they are not. he card should make a click when seated and lose that springy feel. To release, you push it in again until it clicks, then the spring pushes it back out. Some cabinet doors use this type of latch. I would just double check the install. If you can use a card reader to connect to a PC, you can also rule out the card.
    08-13-09 01:15 PM
    I have an 8gig microsdhc in my Bold, and it's almost full. I just ordered a 16gig ultra microsdhc. Now, I'm wondering if I should of just got the regular 16gig microsdhc. The ultra costs heaps more.
    08-13-09 01:29 PM
    What makes it Ultra?
    08-13-09 01:31 PM
    Don't know. haha It showed both, the regular San Disk 16gig microsdhc and the ultra, so of course figuring the ultra 'must' be better... I purchased it.
    08-13-09 01:39 PM
    bt244. Thank you for your reply. I have tried inserting it on numerous occassions. It does go in with a click, but still wont be recognised. I have also used a 1GB memory card from an old phone and it wont recognise that either. Thanx Ray
    08-13-09 02:31 PM
    what brand card are you trying to use?
    08-13-09 02:51 PM
    I would go back to the store where you picked it up and let them look at it. Could be a faulty unit. It's good you tried another card. The only setting I have you did not mention is Encryption Off.
    08-13-09 03:07 PM
    what brand card are you trying to use?
    It's a Samsung! Ray
    08-13-09 04:36 PM
    I would go back to the store where you picked it up and let them look at it. Could be a faulty unit. It's good you tried another card. The only setting I have you did not mention is Encryption Off.
    I've checked and it shows Encryption mode NONE. I think I'll take the phone back to the store 2moro. Thanks for your help. Ray
    08-13-09 04:38 PM
    I had a similar issue before and it turns out that my memory card was faulty.. i took it back to the store and got another one.
    08-14-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD