Need to see if anyone can help me out. I was converting a movie from the Desktop Manager(media manager) 5.0 to my ATT 9000. It was about half way thru when I got a call and unplugged the device from the DM. Well I am pretty sure that I fried my card. The only thing I want to do it format the card again. If I leave the card in my Device and keeps rebooting itself. I took the card out and used the adaptor and tried to format it on the laptop using the smart card reader. It never saw the card. Do you have any tricks or ideas that I could try?
    08-18-09 11:37 AM
    Have you tried to install the card after the phone has fully booted?
    08-18-09 11:42 AM
    You can always try this utility:

SD Formatter - SD Association
    08-18-09 01:52 PM
    have you tried through you BB.

Opt>Memory>Menu>Format

Then you can get a reader and plug it into your PC and try formatting it in your PC first, then place it back into your phone and then format it again in your BB.
    08-18-09 02:06 PM
    If I put the Card back in once the phone is fully booted it just white screens and powers itself back off. I also tried the SDFormatter program, it does not see it on the laptop.
    Last edited by mhodet; 08-19-09 at 03:32 PM.
    08-19-09 03:19 PM
    If I put the Card back in once the phone is fully booted it just white screens and powers itself back off.
    You may have trashed the card. That's why flash memory has to be "ejected".
    08-19-09 03:23 PM
    I think you are right bt224. Not a problem the card was only $16, i was just hoping there was a chance to save it.
    Thanks everyone.
    08-19-09 03:33 PM
    Better the $16 card than the $400 phone!
    08-19-09 03:38 PM
    Need to see if anyone can help me out. I was converting a movie from the Desktop Manager(media manager) 5.0 to my ATT 9000. It was about half way thru when I got a call and unplugged the device from the DM. Well I am pretty sure that I fried my card. The only thing I want to do it format the card again. If I leave the card in my Device and keeps rebooting itself. I took the card out and used the adaptor and tried to format it on the laptop using the smart card reader. It never saw the card. Do you have any tricks or ideas that I could try?
    Your card SD or SDHC?
    2. Converting? You mean using Roxio? Or does DM 5.0 do somethin' fancy?

Other than that, SDHC cards, are not read by most if not every "card reader" in any laptop prior to 2008. Depending on what you bought. Typically the really high end models will do HC. Though thats changing, my sisters laptop can read our SDHC cards.
    If all else I'd recommend you get a special PNP Media Card reader that says it will do SDHC cards, and see if that solves anything (other than that, they're nifty to have in a pinch)
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 08-19-09 at 04:22 PM.
    08-19-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD