08-31-13 06:56 AM
70 123
tools
    yeah the card is rather tricky to take out. You have to fight with it a bit but eventually you'll do a maneuver that you're not sure how you did it and probably won't be able to replicate again but you'll win in the end. The engineers fell asleep on this. Still love the phone and don't plan on taking out the card so w.e.
    11-21-09 01:56 AM
    Yes push to release but even in the unlocked mode mine wont come out unless by force.
    11-21-09 02:08 AM
    Incredible.... Even after someone explained that all you need to do is PUSH IT IN and it pretty much pops right out, people are still using power tools to try to remove the card. LOSERS.
    11-21-09 09:12 AM
    Your a moron tape. Not all 9700s would pop out after spring spring ejecting it. It took me 15 with a tweezer so no, its not easy for everybody

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 10:31 AM
    Incredible.... Even after someone explained that all you need to do is PUSH IT IN and it pretty much pops right out, people are still using power tools to try to remove the card. LOSERS.
    The point is that the card is difficult to remove for some users, not that most users dont realize it's spring-loaded and you have to first push it in before you can remove it. Dont be such a ********* if you have nothing positive to add. What's wrong with you? Compensation issues, maybe. Next time you decide to take people to task, make sure you actually understand what theyre talking about first. Jeez. Talk about a loser!

I had the same difficulty removing my memory card, and yes, I even tried tweezers. It was astonishing to me how incredibly difficult it was to remove. It appears to be a sort of design flaw or perhaps a manufacturing flaw in some of the handsets.

For those having this problem, I discovered that if I turn the phone upside down and simply push on the little card lip instead of pulling on it, it slides out much more easily (akin to using the paperclip option, but I can do it with my fingernail instead). Using that method I have no problem getting the card out.

Whatever you do, understand that you do have to push the card in first because it *is* spring loaded, and then when sliding it out of the slot altogether do not use force to get it out or you'll either break the card or the handset.

I was VERY glad to see that others have this difficulty and that I wasn't just a complete spaz!

EDIT: Hopefully this will help some other folks. I've received so much help from this forum and I'm delighted to finally post and maybe help someone else at last! I'm in love with BlackBerries but I dont have much geek experience with them so I can't help often. Usually everyone else has much better answers than I ever would, and much faster! So thanks, you guys. =) This is a great forum.
    Last edited by Perilous; 11-21-09 at 10:55 AM.
    11-21-09 10:53 AM
    No problem here. Push it in and it pops out. It certainly is much easier than that crappy clip in my 8320.

11-21-09 11:02 AM
    very hard to remove for me too. i finally got it out, then i was putting in my old Bold's memory card into the 9700, but then it would go in either. the spring mechanism was going it, but it wouldn't lock in. then it finally went in, but all that fuss corrupted the memory card.

great phone, but a few bad designs.
    11-21-09 01:10 PM
    Another stupid RIM design. In the Storm2 it just slides in by friction no muss no fuss this design is ridiculous and totally unnecessary.
    11-21-09 01:15 PM
    When I got my Bold it was awesome. I thought the fact it came with a 2 Gb card already in it was cool. Then I tried to put in my 4Gb card from my 8320. It wouldn't read it so I tried to pull it out to back it up and format it and snap. It broke in half. Talk about angry. I found the trick, though. At least what works for me. When you press in on the spring loaded slot move your finger quickly so the card pops out fast. If you do that it jumps right over the little ledge that holds the card in. I hope this helps.
    02-03-10 08:51 AM
    The SD card on a 9700 works a little like a "push-on / push-off" device - push it in and it releases the lock and comes out - part way.

And this is where users (me included) will have problems. There's a slight ridge left from the plastic molding process that the card hangs on and confounds most attepmts to get the card past that ridge - but not all devices have this ridge. If you have one that doesn't, then this is the one of easiest devices ever. If you do have that ridge you will have a battle royal.

What I did after I discovered the ridge was to remove the card and using a very small file, file the ridge down until it no longer caught the card. Now, my card comes out easily (literally falls out once I release the latch) and I didn't have the hassle of taking the device back and exchanging it.
    02-03-10 10:46 AM
    Haven't tried to remove it. I highly doubt I will fill it up though. The only thing I put on it is pictures I snap.
    02-03-10 11:00 AM
    Both my 9700 and my coworker's 9700 are made in Mexico and have the ridge. It is hard to get out after pushing in to unlock it. You basically have to flex and bend the micro sd card up and pull it out at the same time. It usually comes flying out. I put in a 8GB and hope that it will last me til the 16GB drop in price to around $40.
    02-03-10 08:41 PM
    I've never had any issues with mine. Like some others have stated, push in, you hear it click out. Then, just pull it out. To put it back in, push in and you hear it click in.
    02-03-10 09:03 PM
    ya mine was extremely difficult to remove the first time as well. Took like 15 minutes and going at it with paperclips and tweezers. After getting it out the first time its a breeze now putting them in and out
    I agree 100%! When I first replace my card is was such a pain. The other day I tried removing it again just to see how difficult and it was sooo easy! No struggle at all like the first time.
    02-03-10 09:04 PM
    took the 2GB out and put my 8GB in. i knew it was spring loaded, but the 2 still would not come out. it took 5 minutes to get it out-c'mon RIM!
    02-03-10 10:13 PM
    I have a mexico bb 9700 and no prob taking the sd out or putting it in I don't see how its hard for some of u guys

U push it in it pops out simple

02-04-10 12:33 AM
    Yeah, I removed my mom's for her because she couldn't do it. I took my fingernails on the edges, and like jiggled it out. Took a good 5 minutes for what should have been a 30 second thing.
    02-04-10 12:36 AM
    This was a common problem on the original bold too.
    02-04-10 11:47 PM
    It seems almost everyone has had this issue because I sure as heck have.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-05-10 02:50 AM
    Reminds of how tough it was to remove the battery cover first time. Not a clever bit of design, but I don't see it as big issue.

02-05-10 03:06 AM
    Oh my word! I still haven't got mine out but will keep trying. How annoying!

Any suggestions???
    02-14-10 05:12 AM
    Mine is a pain in the nuts also....
    02-14-10 12:10 PM
    I totally agree. After I got my bold, before I left the store I installed my battery, sim card and took out my old 8gb card to place it into the bold. I couldn't even take it out. I had to sit down and focus on it! It's totally hard to take out. No worries

So while I was finishing up installing my usual apps onto my new 9700 today, I decided to swap out the current 2GB memory card and replace it with my other micro SD card. What seemed like an easy removal of the card went into disaster. I don't know if it's just me but I find removing the memory card difficult and annoying to take out. After trying to use a pair of tweezers and my finger nails, I ended up pressing down with my thumb forcefully trying to slide it out, ending up cracking my new 2GB card in half. I got it out but I was pretty pissed off thinking great, what a friggin waste.

Did anyone else here feel the same frustration when swapping out their memory cards?
    02-14-10 02:27 PM
    I use my teeth

02-14-10 08:36 PM
    I found that the card that came with the phone was a pain in the **** to take out but my HP media card is very easy to put in and out.

02-14-10 08:45 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD