Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if a 16gb micro sdhc memory card would work in a Blackberry Bold 9000? Or is an 8gb micro sd card the optimum level of a memory card I can use?

Many thanks in advance
    04-09-09 08:23 PM
    The 16 will work just fine.
    04-09-09 09:16 PM
    8gb is optimum because of the price difference, that's about all.
    04-09-09 09:18 PM
    Yeah but the 16s ought to be cheaper pretty quick as 32s become prevalent.
    04-09-09 10:49 PM
    Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if a 16gb micro sdhc memory card would work in a Blackberry Bold 9000? Or is an 8gb micro sd card the optimum level of a memory card I can use?

Many thanks in advance
    You could use either and be fine. Here's the limits on media cards with their respective Operating Systems...

BlackBerry Device Software version Media card size limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    04-09-09 10:52 PM
    Yup, I got a 16GB SanDisk microSD and it works flawlessly without any issues.
    04-09-09 11:58 PM
    Yup, I got a 16GB SanDisk microSD and it works flawlessly without any issues.
    yep, 16gb will work perfectly fine. when they come out, the bold will actually be able to take on up to a 32gb micro sd
    04-10-09 12:18 AM
    Many thanks everyone. How do I know what operating system my device is using....and how do I upgrade if I need to? Apologies in advance for the beginners questions....I am a total novice but the help is really appreciated
    04-10-09 06:48 AM
    Also, Im assuming that I can use an sd or an sdhc card? Is this correct?

Thanks
    04-10-09 07:06 AM
    Also, Im assuming that I can use an sd or an sdhc card? Is this correct?

Thanks
    Yes the HC stands for High Capacity. SDHC main features is its High Capacity(2GB to 32GB). It uses a FAT32 filesystem as the previous version of SD Card that use a FAT16 filesystem can only with a maximum capacity of 2GB
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 04-10-09 at 07:40 AM.
    04-10-09 07:36 AM
    Thank you mwdb4au!

as you seem to be a guru in this, I was wondering if you could also tell me:
    1) How I can check which version of the operating system my device is using;
    2) I have downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software on to my computer, as I understand that I need to sync the Bold on a periodic basis. However, when I am clicking on the Media Manager, I am getting an error message, asking me to change the resolution on my computer to a level that is not possible to set on my computer. Its already set to the optimum level. I am using a Samsung NC10. Is there anything I can do to get round this? As I just cant get into the Media Manager otherwise. Have never had this problem before with any other application.
    3) And lastly, having loaded this Blackberry software on to my computer, the computer is taking very long to start up. I thing that this is because of the Blackberry software. Is there anything I can do to only switch it on when I need it?

Many many thanks in advance and Im sorry to bombard you with questions.
    04-10-09 07:51 AM
    Thank you mwdb4au!

as you seem to be a guru in this, I was wondering if you could also tell me:
    1) How I can check which version of the operating system my device is using;
    2) I have downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software on to my computer, as I understand that I need to sync the Bold on a periodic basis. However, when I am clicking on the Media Manager, I am getting an error message, asking me to change the resolution on my computer to a level that is not possible to set on my computer. Its already set to the optimum level. I am using a Samsung NC10. Is there anything I can do to get round this? As I just cant get into the Media Manager otherwise. Have never had this problem before with any other application.
    3) And lastly, having loaded this Blackberry software on to my computer, the computer is taking very long to start up. I thing that this is because of the Blackberry software. Is there anything I can do to only switch it on when I need it?

Many many thanks in advance and Im sorry to bombard you with questions.
    1. There are a couple of different ways to check this. One is to go to options>about. The other is to be either in bbm or a simple sms text and type myver and hit spacebar. Both of these will give you your current OS.

2. What resoultion setting is it asking for? One way around it might be to go to the shortcut on your computer and right click the DM icon and go to compatibility>display settings. If you see a resolution that you have then click it. If that doesn't work you might look for an updated driver for your video card on your computer.

3. If you have Desktop Manager launch when you start your computer up then you can go to the tray icon in the lower right hand side of the computer and right click. Then go to properties>device connection. There should be a check box that says start blackberry desktop manager on system startup. Just unclick that and that should take care of it once you click apply.

Oh btw hopefully you are running Windows for the computer help. If not post back. Good luck! Hope some of this helps ya...
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 04-10-09 at 08:33 AM.
    04-10-09 08:26 AM
    Thank you so much.

1) I have version 4.6.0 which is great
    3) thank you problem solved.
    2) the error message is 'the current display settings do not meet the minimum requirements for this operation. Please change the screen resolution to 1024x768' my computer only goes up to 1024x600.

I think you are right....I will have to check for an update to my video card.

Sorry I did not understand your question about windows.

Thank you for all your help. You have been an absolute star.
    04-10-09 09:44 AM
    Both would work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 10:44 AM
    I was using a 16 GB PNY brand card and I think it was causing stability problems for my Bold. Any suggestions for a compatible card?
    Last edited by Maxinux; 07-14-09 at 09:03 PM.
    07-14-09 08:33 PM
    I've also had problems with pny micro cards and other pny usb drives in the past. The sans disk careds i have work flawlessly.
    07-15-09 03:48 AM
    When I was using a HTC Fuze it was very picky about brands. I bought an A-Data 8GB card and it had all kinds of trouble with it. Then got a SanDisk and it worked flawlessly. HTC had a list of compatible brands and sizes on their site (some brands only had certain sizes that were compatible), is there any such list of tested brands and sizes for the Bold?
    07-15-09 10:51 AM
    For the record, I've had A Data cards in multiple phones and devices with no issue at all. I'm not implying that what Noah states is not true, I have no reason to doubt it. I just wanted to clarify that generally they make good cards.
    07-15-09 10:55 AM
    8 Gig Class 6 A-Data SDHC here. Works flawlessly (so far) and transfers very quickly. 200 MB music folders take ~5-8 seconds to transfer.
    07-15-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD