I have a brand new BB 9780,

1. Can you please suggest a good memory card for this model? I am looking for a 16GB or 32GB card Sandisk/Transcend. Which one is good?

2. Can you please tell me if the class matters for BB?

3. Have you observed speed difference when using class 2 vs class 4 vs class 6 or class 10?

Thanks in Advance!
    Amit Tank
    06-20-11 08:22 AM
    1- As long as they are both original SDHC cards and not knockoffs, both are good. I have used Sandisk and it never failed me.

2- Matters for getting stuff in/out the SD, not for the BB itself.

3- I haven't. As far as I know, BlackBerries are locked to class 2 speeds. Your PC/Mac isn't. So if you can, get class 4 or better.

And welcome to the forums.
    06-20-11 09:39 AM
    I'm using 16gb Sandisk Class 4.
    06-20-11 12:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys.

I want to order this one Transcend Memory Card 16 GB MicroSD 16GB Class 4: Flipkart Memory Cards

I hope this works with BB 9780
    06-21-11 12:00 AM
    I have a brand new BB 9780,

1. Can you please suggest a good memory card for this model? I am looking for a 16GB or 32GB card Sandisk/Transcend. Which one is good?

2. Can you please tell me if the class matters for BB?

3. Have you observed speed difference when using class 2 vs class 4 vs class 6 or class 10?

Thanks in Advance!
    Amit Tank

I bought what I'm pretty sure is a knock off (due to the ridiculously low price) off of ebay for my 9780:
    came in a sandisk package, 32GB, Micro SD HC, "Class 2".

I hope I don't jinx it, but it works flawlessly... and has been for the last month now.

I have also heard that the sandisk ones are most reliable however my friend has a samsung 16gb and it works perfectly for him as well in his 9700
    06-30-11 12:32 AM
    I've used a Transcend 8/6 card for 2 years now, it has been spot-on and works very well. I'm looking to go with a 16 gig, now, unless I find a good deal on a legit 32.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 01:31 AM
    I have used many fake cards before (mostly due to price), and my advice would be to steer clear from them. It might feel temporarily good to have a 32gb fake card for the price of a legit 8gb, BUT the risk of losing data is just so great.

I have lost pictures taken with my camera, videos, documents etc... It's just not worth it...
    07-02-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD