My 4GB card is maxing out in my BOLD. when I switched from my 8900 curve, I seemed to have lost a lot of space, so am going to get a 16GB, are there any tricks or pitfalls to watch for when putting in new cards? when I switched to Blackberry, my old card from my other phone, all of a sudden had to be formatted, and lost a bunch of stuff. is there a method to putting in a new card and moving the old data, music and pics to the new card without causing re-formatting issues? when that happens ,all is lost!
    10-23-09 05:37 PM
    Just make sure you format it first. that will help. i didnt format my card until after i put all my stuff on to it, that wasnt to pleasant haha.
    10-23-09 07:29 PM
    I recently purchased a memory card for my bold and here's what I did:
    I connected my BB to my pc while the old memory crad was in there than copied all of my files to the pc.
    Next, I removed the old card and inserted my new card. From the options/memory options, I formated the new memory card.
    After that, I connected my BB to the pc again and moved my files over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:31 PM
    Same here... Format it and also make sure you do some disk checks for errors.

Before I put in a 16 gb card, I used my old 2 gb one I had in another phone. When I put it inside my Bold, it said the disk had errors and so I had to put it inside the computer and run windows check, and then formatted and it worked fine afer that.

But you should be fine buying a new 16gb card.
    10-24-09 03:50 AM
    thanks for the info. I wasn't sure about the formatting part. i guess starting with a fresh card is easier. swweeet!!
    10-25-09 12:21 PM
    just thought of one more question. when you guys copy the old card to the pc, do you do it with the desktop manager or straight to the pc? the DM seems too in your face sometime. I must have a hundred backups of my phone .
    10-25-09 12:25 PM
    just thought of one more question. when you guys copy the old card to the pc, do you do it with the desktop manager or straight to the pc? the DM seems too in your face sometime. I must have a hundred backups of my phone .
    just use the computer and copy the whole blackberry folder if you want
    10-25-09 02:04 PM
    That's. What I was hoping I could do. Now I will just have to not lose he file on the computer. I hate windows
    10-25-09 03:03 PM
    I just want to ask ...So it is ok to take my 8 GB card out of my curve and put it in my new bold? like i should have my music and such upon switching?
    06-05-10 01:06 PM
    I just want to ask ...So it is ok to take my 8 GB card out of my curve and put it in my new bold? like i should have my music and such upon switching?
    Yes you can switch it out.
    06-05-10 01:11 PM
    should work the same
    06-08-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD