Hey,

So I'm new to BB and so far loving it. But I've come to find my BB slowing due to low memory. It seems to me that my Bold just uses 'application memory' and no so much the device memory or SD card memory. Any pointers on how to keep my BB running quick and all?

Thanks
    07-17-09 03:07 PM
    Try searching this forum for lots of tips on how to manage memory - more than I can provide here.

But the standard suggestions are make sure you completely close all your apps when done with them - you may be leaving a lot of things running constantly in the background. Social networking apps seem to cause the biggest hits to memory. And RSS feeds.

Also, try updating your OS, as the new OS's seem to manage memory better.

I always have 45-50MB of available memory on my Bold.
    07-17-09 04:14 PM
    But the standard suggestions are make sure you completely close all your apps when done with them - you may be leaving a lot of things running constantly in the background. Social networking apps seem to cause the biggest hits to memory. And RSS feeds.
    This is the A-1 reason for memory issues, especially among new users. Always close from the app's menu.
    07-17-09 04:23 PM
    Like others said, close all apps not being used. The main way is to upgrade your OS, I would recommend .282 that is what I'm running. But .266 is a great build also. Upgrading will double your usable memory alone. Delete any apps, games, languages, sample pics and songs that you don't use. Also run memory cleaner regularly from options. These suggestions should help consideralby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 08:51 PM
    OS 4.6.0.282 has been a memory manager keeping me on 40mb daily! And I run about 6-8 apps daily!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD