Is there ANY way to get info off a memory card after it snaps in half???

It got stuck on my battery and it snapped!!!
    09-01-11 03:50 PM
    I swear there was a whole blog post about not pulling your mem card when batterys plugged in... And to answer your question, no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dani-b likes this.
    09-01-11 04:01 PM
    You should always remove the battery before attempting to remove the memory card.

just buy another one
    09-01-11 04:02 PM
    Nopperz, That memory card is toast. Sorry.
    09-01-11 04:03 PM
    Actually I was doing a battery pull and I guess somehow my memory card was loose and it slipped out as I was pulling the battery and it snapped.. Not sure why the mem card was loose, But I was only doing a simple battery pull..Never touched the mem card!!
    09-01-11 04:03 PM
    I'm very sad because I had over 100 ringers and over 1000 pictures on it!!
    09-01-11 04:04 PM
    Any recommendations on a good replacement card? grrr thinking 8 or 16 gb...Just unsure whats different between the brands...
    09-01-11 04:05 PM
    Any recommendations on a good replacement card? grrr thinking 8 or 16 gb...Just unsure whats different between the brands...
    Stick to ScanDisk, they are 100% compatible with BlackBErrys and won't give you weird errors such as "a new memory card was detected, do you want to format?" on every reboot such as some members reported here with unkown Memory cards.

Furthermore, their transfer speeds are very high.
    09-01-11 04:07 PM
    You didn't have a backup???? seriously?
    dani-b likes this.
    09-01-11 04:08 PM
    Long story, but between all the laptop hard drives and BBs I went thru recently...somehow...no
    09-01-11 04:09 PM
    Long story, but between all the laptop hard drives and BBs I went thru recently...somehow...no
    ouch, that sucks sorry for your loss
    09-01-11 04:10 PM
    Ya its really sad ~sob~
    09-01-11 04:14 PM
    OMG I spent like 15 mins searching for the other half of the card...And so I decided to just use one of my old small 2 GB cards...I went to put it in...ya... The other half is STUCK in the slot!! Grrrr
    09-01-11 04:17 PM
    Oh jesus u have a serious problem... do not put anything inside to get it out, take out battery and hammer the phone on your palm, not a table but only ur palm or a pillow or bed to loosen the memory card bit and it will eventually fall out hopefully.
    09-01-11 08:58 PM
    Or if you have an index card around (old school, I know) cut it into a thin piece and see if you can get between the memory card and where it slides in, you might be able to work it loose this way as well.

Banging the bottom of the phone against your palm is also really good advice, and I'd start there before the index card.
    09-01-11 09:05 PM
    Stick to ScanDisk, they are 100% compatible with BlackBErrys and won't give you weird errors such as "a new memory card was detected, do you want to format?" on every reboot such as some members reported here with unkown Memory cards.

Furthermore, their transfer speeds are very high.
    its SanDisk and not ScanDisk, right?
    09-01-11 09:28 PM
    1,000 pictures of what?lol.that card must have been your voyuer card lol.

09-01-11 09:42 PM
    Thanks guys!! I've been trying all night...no luck! I called my local store where I got it and they want me to bring it in tomorrow...ugh I hope it's fixable...
    09-01-11 09:48 PM
    1,000 pictures of what?lol.that card must have been your voyuer card lol.

I've had that card for ages and collected sooo many pics over the years!!

Nothing that exciting i'm afraid, haha
    09-01-11 09:49 PM
    If the other half was stuck in the slot,why would you stick another card in?not being rude,but it isn't rocket science.

09-01-11 09:57 PM
    If the other half was stuck in the slot,why would you stick another card in?not being rude,but it isn't rocket science.

He said he didn't realize the other half was in there till he tried to use his other card. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be able to read.

Sharma15 likes this.
    09-01-11 10:33 PM
    Ya Its a small piece and I had no clue it was in there until I tried to insert a new card... ugh
    09-02-11 09:59 AM
    There are ways to recover data from a snapped card, but it will cost you $2000 and up. BestBuy Canada Geeks charge $2000 and up and they have about 70% success rate on data recovery. That is a **** load of money to waste IMO.

Oh and sorry for your loss.
    09-02-11 10:14 AM
    Bell MAY replace your 9900... Call Bell customer support if Bell guys say no. I once called RIM 1-800 to get a replacement for my mom's 9780 AFTER Telus told me it was our fault that battery connector pin got damaged and could not be replaced.

If Bell store people say you have to pay for a repair or replacement, call Bell customer support and if they give you run around you can call RIM.

I have a feeling that Bell will not replace your phone for free.
    09-02-11 10:18 AM
    Was reading an article in a pc geek magazine the other day and they state if your data is in no less than 7 different places, then it "doesn't exist" as chances of loosing it all are high lol.

What they did fail to mention was that if all 7 devices were in a house that burnt down.. Your screwed either way

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    mssca likes this.
    09-02-11 10:20 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD