My wife and I both purchased new Storms from Verizon. She uses hotmail for her email and I use Yahoo. Neither of us use Outlook or sync our phones to a computer. We have no real desire to start.

However, we would like to take full advantage of the calendaring feature of BB. My goal is to send meeting requests back and forth to keep out family life in order.

So far I have been unsuccessful. I have sent her a few meeting requests. When I look in my Yahoo sent folder on the web, I see text in the message that I assume will create a button on her BB to accept or reject the request.

On her BB, she see nothing but the text of the meeting name with no button to click for accept or decline.

Any thoughts on what I can do to make this work without incurring additional monthly services or buying additional software?

Thanks for any insights...
    04-25-09 07:40 PM
    It is my understanding that you have to be on a BES to make that work. It is a function of Outlook, but it will only be available if you are connected to Outlook by a corporate BES server. There is software available to add an e-mail to a calendar appointment. It is useful, but not the same thing.
    04-25-09 08:20 PM
    I am a BIS user and I use BB calendar requests almost daily. Check to see which calendar on your BB is set to default (options > advanced > default services) and make sure the desired calendar is selected. I'm grabbing for straws but this would be one place to start. Post your results and good luck.
    04-25-09 10:22 PM
    My bad...I have never seen it work with just the BIS, but I am going to take your instructions and give it a shot. Thanks for correcting me.
    04-25-09 11:42 PM
    Weird thing is, the first time we tried it showed the button in the email but I have not been able to relicate the steps again after a dozen or so tries...
    04-26-09 12:46 AM
    I used to be able to share meeting invites via BIS with my girlfriend from BB to BB, however about a year or so ago, we suddenly stopped receiving each other's invites on our BBs. Couldn't figure out why and I never got a response on the BlackBerry support forums when I posted my concern, however we've started using a BBM group since as an alternative which has been working fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 11:51 AM
    I've always wanted this feature on BIS. I was sure I'd searched high and low and it couldn't be done.

Looking forward to being proven wrong.
    08-07-11 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD