I've been having some trouble with my media card - I think it may be dead, but thought I'd check to see if anyone here knows anything else I might try.

Current situation:

Media card seems ok. If I take it out of my bold and plug it directly into my PC with an adapter, I can drag and drop files on to it.

When I return the media card to my Bold, the files are available (music and video files through media player) and work fine.

When I connect my Bold to my PC with mass storage on, the memory card is not visible, only the Bold's memory.

Leading up to the Current Situation

Memory card (Sandisk 16gb) has been working great. I start getting messages on the bold that the "media card contains errors, to use a PC disk utility to correct". Running chkdsk /f seems to solve the problem.

This issue becomes more frequent, and eventually, the media card becomes inaccessible through a USB connection to the bold. I reformat and get to the "current situation" as described above.

I suspect the media card may be on its last legs, but it doesn't sound like it is entirely a media card problem. Perhaps its a hardware issue with the Bold, perhaps something else.

As a slight complication, I'm running O/S v5.0.0.90.

Thanks for any ideas
    06-24-09 11:15 AM
    06-24-09 11:19 AM
    I am having the same problem - my card worked fine up until last week. I tried the mass storage solution however, when I download the file, it comes up as an .rar file and my computer does not know what to do with it.

I am also thinking that my problem may be a mapping problem. I had glass installed on my desk and had to completely unplug my computer. maybe when it was plugged back in something happened to the mapping. i have a dictation machine that has caused problems in the past.
    06-24-09 11:46 AM
    I am having the same problem - my card worked fine up until last week. I tried the mass storage solution however, when I download the file, it comes up as an .rar file and my computer does not know what to do with it.

I am also thinking that my problem may be a mapping problem. I had glass installed on my desk and had to completely unplug my computer. maybe when it was plugged back in something happened to the mapping. i have a dictation machine that has caused problems in the past.
    ...a .rar file is just a compressed file likely containing some other media file (.mp3, .mp4, .avi, etc.). You need to uncompress it on your PC (there is lots of software available for this .... i use Winzip) before dragging it onto your media card.
    06-24-09 12:06 PM
    I unzipped and when I click on it, it says it is an unrecognizable program.
    06-24-09 01:39 PM
    what is the file suffix?
    06-24-09 03:15 PM
    I unzipped and when I click on it, it says it is an unrecognizable program.
    Use winrar.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/rar...kberry-105118/
    06-24-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD