My phone was doing fine but when I pull out my memory card and plug it in again it was not working and even if I tried to change the memory but still its not working. Please help me what to do!
    06-13-12 01:02 PM
    How good is the memory card? Is it a known brand name? Or a cheapo one from Ebay?

Get hold of a card reader for microSDcards and connect it to a PC and look at it. When connected to the PC do a Disk Check.

Or get a mate to put the chip into his phone and see if (s)he can see anything on it.

Get a strong light and look in the slot. Check for muck. Blow in there to see if anything comes out. Polish the brass contacts of the chip and remove all fingerprints and grot.

What may of happened is it got corrupted when you pulled it out. So a disk check may repair it.

Get ready to have to discard it and replace with a new one.
    hurricanejoz likes this.
    06-13-12 01:58 PM
    How good is the memory card? Is it a known brand name? Or a cheapo one from Ebay?

Get hold of a card reader for microSDcards and connect it to a PC and look at it. When connected to the PC do a Disk Check.

Or get a mate to put the chip into his phone and see if (s)he can see anything on it.

Get a strong light and look in the slot. Check for muck. Blow in there to see if anything comes out. Polish the brass contacts of the chip and remove all fingerprints and grot.

What may of happened is it got corrupted when you pulled it out. So a disk check may repair it.
    Get ready to have to discard it and replace with a new one.
    of course it is working on my computer by using a card reader and i tried even to put it on my friend's phone and it is working just fine. i have tried everything u have told me to and nothing has changed still the same error my friend. Is there anything i can try?!
    06-13-12 02:14 PM
    Good news that the card is at least working. Now backup anything important on it.

Have you tested a different micro SD card in the phone?

Have you rebooted the phone?

Did you do that disk check on the micro SD card?

Try cleaning in the card slot to make sure no dirt is stopping a good contact of the SD card.
    06-13-12 02:54 PM
    Good news that the card is at least working. Now backup anything important on it.

Have you tested a different micro SD card in the phone?

Have you rebooted the phone?

Did you do that disk check on the micro SD card?

Try cleaning in the card slot to make sure no dirt is stopping a good contact of the SD card.
    I have done the disk check but maybe let me try to clean the slots. And how am i going to clean the slots because they are inside the housing and i can not see them. any suggestion?!
    06-13-12 03:27 PM
    Hello,

I use a can of compressed air to clean my pc and my phones memory slot.

Batter Pudding's...advice is excellent thus far.
    hurricanejoz likes this.
    06-13-12 03:37 PM
    Take the battery out before doing any messing with the slot.

Cleaning depends on what you have available. As f0xx386 suggests, compressed air is good. If not just blow with your lungs. (Just watch out for spitting or liquid)

Get a bright torch and shine it in the hole. Can you see the brass? Is there anything in the slot that shouldn't be?

If there is anything in there, a thin bit of card can be used to poke in the slot. Use something like a business card or Rizzla packet and cut a narrow "pokey thing" to wiggle in the slot. Maybe with a point at the end. Depends what you see in the slot.

BE GENTLE. The slot is delicate. All you are likely to need to be trying to do is knock some grime from the brass contacts. Probably some fluff has slid in there. The thin bit of card may be able to clean the brass or hook out any dirt.
    hurricanejoz likes this.
    06-13-12 04:04 PM
    Okay y'all I appreciate your help, let me do all the suggestions and I will come with some feedback if I worked or not. Thanx once again!
    06-14-12 03:20 AM
    I had a problem similar to this after I dropped my phone. The card couldn't be read by that particular phone but was accessible in other phones and on the PC. I opened it up to take a look and the flex cable had popped off after the impact.

Once I plugged it back in it worked again.
    06-14-12 06:50 AM
    I had a problem similar to this after I dropped my phone. The card couldn't be read by that particular phone but was accessible in other phones and on the PC. I opened it up to take a look and the flex cable had popped off after the impact.

Once I plugged it back in it worked again.
    Good point. I assume you used a YouTube video of some kind to assist with the dismantling? Do you still have a linky for our OP? Or was it just the standard star drive, hammer and chisel?
    06-14-12 07:28 AM
    Thank you so much all of you, i was able to open the phone inside and did the cleaning using my toothpaste and hard mouth blowing and when i returned everything in place my memory was able to read and i just did a little repair of the card and now i can access it with no problem. Thank you so much for your help friends! Jah Bless
    06-14-12 08:22 AM
    Thank you so much all of you, i was able to open the phone inside and did the cleaning using my toothpaste and hard mouth blowing and when i returned everything in place my memory was able to read and i just did a little repair of the card and now i can access it with no problem. Thank you so much for your help friends! Jah Bless
    Yay!!

I like the toothpaste solution. A Blackberry with shiny white teeth
    06-14-12 08:51 AM
    there may be IC arror with your phone
    11-15-13 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD